PDA

View Full Version : to charge or not to charge

shmuck9681
13-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi, i am in a bit of a pickle as to weather to charge so just wondering if anyone else would in the same situation???
i am contracted to 1 particular mum term time and holidays so weather they are at school or not i get paid, in the holidays she normally puts them in play group and i collect, however next monday they are off in-service day! so she has took the day off work to look after them but wants me to have them the thursday instead, as shes working that day. should i just change her monday to the thursday that week or charge extra for the thursday as i am still available for work on the monday (and will be working) as i have children that go to other schools what are not on in-service day
thanks

alwaysright
13-06-2011, 08:49 PM
its really up to you. are you also working on the thursday?? is it convenient for you?? technically if you are contracted for monday and mum chooses not to send them then she has to pay then it she wanted you to have the children thursday it would be extra.

chrissie250
13-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I would say it seems fair to just change the days if your still earning what you would do anyway, everyone is happy! hth chrissie

AliceK
13-06-2011, 09:14 PM
I would probably do it as a one off but make it clear that it's a one off and usually days are not transferable.

xxx

Tealady
13-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I would probably do it as a one off but make it clear that it's a one off and usually days are not transferable.

xxx

I agree with this.

Not worth upsetting the apple-cart if you normally have a good working relationship and it suits you both.

However by ensuring she knows this is just a favour for this instance then hopefully she won't take a mile with the inch you've just given!

shmuck9681
13-06-2011, 09:25 PM
However by ensuring she knows this is just a favour for this instance then hopefully she won't take a mile with the inch you've just given!

thanks for the replys will just make sure she knows this will be as a favor, as this particular mum likes to take more than the inch most times, i have six mindees (4 parents)and they all run smoothly nothing ever changes apart from this one! i think its cause she has no family around to help! never mind thats what we are here for at the end of the day. xx

Goatgirl
13-06-2011, 09:33 PM
HI :),
I make sure parents know their contracted hours are not transferable and have found that once a favour is granted people tend to take advantage.

Only do it if it suits you and make sure you are clear that it is only going to happen on this occasion because that fits in nicely with your plans. There are some parents wo have been very flexible with me when I have wanted to change days, so although I wouldn't feel obliged I would properly consider their request and do it if it would fit in easily.

If you don't want to do it and are not contracted for Thursdays you are under no obligation to do it. At all. If you feel you need an excuse, (which you don't!) just say it doesn't fit in with your plans unfortunately ;) .

Hope it works out the way you want it to :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)