PDA

View Full Version : how sad :( **WARNING UPSETTING**

emmadines
13-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Warning this is in my opinion but I thought this was quiet upsetting.....so dont read if you are easily upset!

I was just looking on my aol emails and this news feed popped up!! I was shocked when I read that the parents found out that they had lost their child after reading it on facebook.... To be honest I dont know what I would have done in that childminders situation and feel for her and the child's family hugely!! I dont however feel that childminders have been given bad press (thankfully) she tried to contact parents as did the police!................ just such a scary thought that this could happen, god forbid!!

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/06/13/parents-find-out-their-baby-had-died-at-childminders-via-facebook/

**Mods if you feel the need to move this, feel free** I just felt the need to say something about this I hope thats ok????

Emma
xx

Pipsqueak
13-06-2011, 01:37 PM
oh how tragic and so so so distressing for all involved.

The headline is a bit sensationalist though - it makes out that the childminder was perhaps at fault....

littlestar
13-06-2011, 01:37 PM
oh my gosh how awful. my heart goes out to the family :( xxx

JulieA
13-06-2011, 01:38 PM
How sad! And so awful for everyone involved. :( :(

mumto3
13-06-2011, 01:44 PM
oh thats so sad, how bad must that childminder feel even tho it wasnt her fault :panic:

loocyloo
13-06-2011, 01:47 PM
i've just read that and instantly came here to see if anyone else had.

poor parents and poor childminder.

i feel so sorry for them all, but how awful not being able to get in touch with the parents.

Chimps Childminding
13-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I had also just read it before coming on here. It is heartbreaking for all concerned, parents and childminder. BUT AOL should be shot down in flames for using the headline they used. :angry: :angry:

emmadines
13-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I had also just read it before coming on here. It is heartbreaking for all concerned, parents and childminder. BUT AOL should be shot down in flames for using the headline they used. :angry: :angry:

yes I agree the headline quiet insensitive to all really, but this is all what media is all about - grabbing attention of the reader!!!

onceinabluemoon
13-06-2011, 02:44 PM
How dreadful for the parents and the childminder. What an awful thing to happen.

ChocolateChip
13-06-2011, 03:37 PM
That is so sad for everyone, that poor cm must be feeling awful, I know I would.
Why do they feel the need to make a story like that out of tragedy, it doesn't really have a story does it, just casts loose aspersions that someone must be to blame :mad:
I can't believe any cm would not have tried to phone, she must have been desperate if other parents were also trying to contact them. :(

Mouse
13-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I saw that earlier. It's terribly sad and must be unbearable for all involved.

I do think though the headline is very misleading. The parents didn't find out through facebook.

Pipsqueak
13-06-2011, 05:02 PM
It does say that the minder AND the police tried to contact the parents.

Just goes to show why its SO darned important that we have up to the minute contact info for parents and that we stress to them that they (and other contacts) must be contactable!

Heard a sad sad story today - a nearby (local) estate a mother and her teenage son have been arrested on suspicion of killing a 3month old baby (the baby was the mums son and brother of the teen) I so hope that this story is wrong.

georgie456
13-06-2011, 05:21 PM
What an awful tragedy for all involved.

I am almost tempted to use this as an example to my parents on why is it so important for us to have the proper contact details and why if we are attempting to reach them it is so important for them to answer.

Very sad.

MaryMary
13-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Very sad :(

I don't know what the headline said earlier, but from reading a few of the comments i think it has been amended now - less sensationalised.

poor parents & poor child minder.

This happened to a friend of mine about 20 years ago. The childminder left a message at her work (lived in the sticks & worked in London, travelled by coach) to come home as the baby was unwell. She had actually died of cot death, but didn't want to break the news on the phone via a 3rd party. I believe that childminder didn't look after babies after that. So upsetting for everyone.

BuggsieMoo
14-06-2011, 11:46 AM
It does say that the minder AND the police tried to contact the parents.

Just goes to show why its SO darned important that we have up to the minute contact info for parents and that we stress to them that they (and other contacts) must be contactable!

Heard a sad sad story today - a nearby (local) estate a mother and her teenage son have been arrested on suspicion of killing a 3month old baby (the baby was the mums son and brother of the teen) I so hope that this story is wrong.

Couldn't agree more. Let's hope this story makes some parents (all ideally) take note and keep us informed of changes of numbers, emergency contacts etc. I must admit I do ask on every newsletter and attach a slip so these can be amended.

Poor parents and childminder - cot death/SID is one of my biggest fears.

x

holly...007
16-06-2011, 01:01 PM
OMG awful for all involved, such a sad story :(