PDA

View Full Version : Would you inform parents

Helcatt
12-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Both myself and DD3 have rotten colds, I feel a bit run down but not enough to take time off sick

Would you inform parents and give them the choice if they want to expose their child?

HX

mumto3
12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I dont think iwould tell them coz colds can be picked upfrom anywhere, may be different if ur coughing and spluttering constantly tho but a few sniffles i would say is ok, just frequent hand washing and good hygiene practice should be fine i think

The Juggler
13-06-2011, 06:19 AM
no hon, I wouldn't honestly unless you feel you CAN'T work.:)

gigglinggoblin
13-06-2011, 06:47 AM
If you want to inform them I think you should be prepared for them to take the day off and not pay you. If you are ok with that and would like the quiet then yes, otherwise no

miffy
13-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Unless you want to take the day off unpaid then I wouldn't tell parents.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
13-06-2011, 07:24 AM
If you say children can not come to you if they have colds then yes you should tell them, but if you accept children with colds then no as there is no difference. (unless you care for an immuno compromised child of course)

snufflepuff
13-06-2011, 07:47 AM
My son and I both came down with colds last Monday evening- I didn't inform the parent it could have effected because I know she would have sent LO anyway, just like she still sends LO when she has a cold. I could get on with work no problem (although I sat down Thursday afternoon to read the children a story and could easily have fallen asleep!)