PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please

lady luck
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Hello I'm trying to come back to childminding after having a baby who is 5 months old now.i have been advertising now for two monthes and iv had couple of mums come a see me but they havent gone with me am i doing something wrong. i dont get many phone calls either could anyone give me some advice on what else i can do.

Twinklestars
13-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Have you advertised on childcare.co.uk and netmums?

I did a leaflet drop round our estate and had about 5 enquiries

Good luck x

flowerpots
13-06-2011, 05:35 AM
I took a bundle of leaflets up to the local school and they gave them to the children at home time, im on childcare.co.uk, netmums, free line in yellow pages, do your fis know your ready to start work again, go to local toddler groups and hand out your business cards.

Hope the phone starts ringing for you soon hun. x

The Juggler
13-06-2011, 06:19 AM
if they are first time mums themselves could be that your baby is so little they think that their LO won't get enough of your time. Don't think that's the case just putting myself in the mind of a visiting mum.

Why not have a friend take your LO out for a walk when you have your visits that way you can explain to the mums that having your baby and theirs is no different from you caring for 2 minded babies.

Meanwhile as someone suggested, get on childcare, netmums, and put the word out at the local school nurseries that you have vacancies. Good luckx:)

miffy
13-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Are you on the FIS website?

If you take your baby to clinic take some leaflets or business cards with you to hand out to other mums - some of them may be going back to work in the future.

Tell everyone you meet you are a childminder - you'd be surprised where you can pick up work through this.

Don't give up, it will happen for you.

Good luck
Miffy xx

lady luck
13-06-2011, 07:56 PM
thanyou for all of your advice i'm already on childcare.co.uk. iv put adverts in thomson local yellow pages and put poasters in shop windows but i haven't tried handing out leaflet at clinic will try that one. xx