PDA

View Full Version : Help with changing contract?

phoebe-alice
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi there I currently have a flexi time parent whose hours change drasticly from week to week.
I am tired of not knowing the minimum of what I have coming in each week and have a contract renewal coming up.
I would really love to set a minimum amount of hour but don't think the parent will warm to the idea at all and really worried about the situation. :panic:
Please help! Honest advice needed. I know I need to get this sorted but to be honest I'm the biggest wimp and scared to discuss most things let alone money.

love381
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi there I currently have a flexi time parent whose hours change drasticly from week to week.
I am tired of not knowing the minimum of what I have coming in each week and have a contract renewal coming up.
I would really love to set a minimum amount of hour but don't think the parent will warm to the idea at all and really worried about the situation. :panic:
Please help! Honest advice needed. I know I need to get this sorted but to be honest I'm the biggest wimp and scared to discuss most things let alone money.

Have you thought of a block pay sort of thing? I use this sometimes and it works quite well. I sell it to the parents by saying I've reviewed the amount that's been paid over the past x amount of weeks/months and it's been an average of y. Then I say as a block amount I would set it as z (always a small amount less than y) and that z will be paid every single week/month etc. For example, I've looked at a child who's paid an average of £450 per month over 6 months - one month was nearly £530 and one month was nearly £350, but I didn't tell that to the parents!! Then, set the montly payment at £400 to be reviewed in 3 to 6 months! This means that I've got a set amount coming in that I can work on. I then review it myself each month (without telling the parent) and then at the 3 or 6 months review I state whether I think it's still a fair price etc! I've never had it where I've had to reduce the monthly payments, just once I've had to increase it though! These Block payments are meant to be beneficial to me and to the parent - so some months they are getting more childcare for less money and some months they are getting less - if you see what I mean.

I hope this makes a bit of sense, feel free to ask me some more details about it. x

The Juggler
12-06-2011, 09:18 PM
i think that if some months the hours are just not enough,sit them down and explain this.

I would set a monthly or weekly no. of hours min. (or min. monthly fee) then anything on top they need is chargeable and unused hours are NOT transferable.:thumbsup: