PDA

View Full Version : tell me about phil and teds

sweets
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I really really don't like the look of them but i am so sick of having to store 2 buggies, a single and a twin.

at the mo i have a jane powertwin and a baby jogger city elite but both are quite bulky to store and i could do with just having one pram.

what are the differences between the phil and teds? ive looked on ebay and there are sport ones, explorer ones and E3 and vibe?

are they any good for say two 2 year olds or are the second seats too small and only suitable for babies.

(can't believe i am asking about them as ive always said ive hated them):blush:

WibbleWobble
12-06-2011, 04:24 PM
i have a new explorer.

i did have a jane powertwin and a single buggy.

best thing i ever did was get the P&T!

the bottom seat (otherwise known as the dog shelf by mindees) takes my two year old easily. he loves it. i have a 6 month old who can lie flat and then two year old rides shotgun on the top. takes seconds to convert to two sit up seats. change it as we are out and about to suit.

mandy xxx

PixiePetal
12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I have a classic - it is my bus buggy:) . Wouldn't get out without it.

I use it for 2 yr old and 1 yr old at the moment. Or just one of them with shopping in the bottom seat and basket :thumbsup:

It is not my fave buggy but I have it for practical reasons - just bought a mountain buggy double for walking round our fields and farm as I don't think the P&T is so good for that - the bottom child won't get to see so much.

loocyloo
12-06-2011, 05:22 PM
i don't really like them, i'm always concerned about the one at the bottom, and much prefer a side by side!

i have single & twin umbrella folds, AND single & twin 3 wheelers, but where i live now, the path to school is narrow, and so are the pavements, so i am seriously considering getting one!

blue bear
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I was like you didn't like the idea of putting the baby on the shopping basket! Hurt my shoulder and had to have a three wheeler and couldn't afford two so dh bought me the p& t sport. Best move ever.

The children argue over the bottom seat because they can look up and chat to me, I have had 3 year olds in the bottom seat not trouble but over 2' s can't recline back to sleep because if bar but they tend not to sleep in the day
anyway.

I love the fact it folds flat and you can take wheels off, goes from 1 to 2 in a flash and I have added buggy pod to mine so can transport 3! It's really comfy for sleepers and lays proper flat.

Down side is it folds on the handle so they tend to tear and it's quite heavy to lift into car.

The sport and explorer recline on the 2nd seat where the others didn't. The explorer is the latest and they have modified break, hood and harness as they were things people didnt like on the older models also they have put plastic where shoes go in main pushchair bit so it cleans better.

I am totally converted and would not swap now

Katiekoo
12-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I think it's best thing I ever bought for minding! I have a 2nd hand e3 in good nick. I put my dd nearly 3 or my larger 1 yr old mindee in the front and the little one in the back. If I have all three then my dd has a buggy board too. I only have one child of my own and couldn't justify storing a big double side by side that would only get use for minding. This buggy is the only buggy I have or want. I have heard that the vibe although pretty is not as useable.

PixiePetal
12-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I bought a footwell cover from someone on ebay who makes them - has saved it getting ruined with dirty shoes :thumbsup:

sweets
12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I think it's best thing I ever bought for minding! I have a 2nd hand e3 in good nick. I put my dd nearly 3 or my larger 1 yr old mindee in the front and the little one in the back. If I have all three then my dd has a buggy board too. I only have one child of my own and couldn't justify storing a big double side by side that would only get use for minding. This buggy is the only buggy I have or want. I have heard that the vibe although pretty is not as useable.

how do you fix a buggy board on? i didnt think you could on phil and teds

loocyloo
12-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I bought a footwell cover from someone on ebay who makes them - has saved it getting ruined with dirty shoes :thumbsup:

now that IS a good idea ! thanks.

singingcactus
12-06-2011, 08:12 PM
lol, I hated them too. Couldn't stand to see babes almost as an afterthought. But the 2 siblings I have had one, and mum wanted to get rid of it, and my side by side doesn't work here so I test drove it for a couple of weeks and I have to say I am in love with it. It steers like a dream, one handed, even one fingered, and even when filled with 2 kids. It is so cool to only have to deal with one chassis, and the second seat takes about a second to attach, and about 2 seconds to detach. It's crazy heavy to lift when folded, but that is about the only down side and it's easy to get used to, cos it's a good shape when folded, so just heavy, not awkward.
The other really cool thing I found on ebay the other day was an attachment for the second seat which can make it into a baby rocker :thumbsup: I think it was called lazy ted. I'll be getting that if i get a babe again in the future. One less thing to have in the house whilst still having it in the house - iykwim.
Can't believe just a couple of months ago I was saying I would never have one, and now I really do love it. My monster naps in it before my siblings arrive, and if he is still asleep when we go out we don't need to wake him and put him into the double I just silently attach the second seat, slide the babe in and off we go.
The harness on mine is fantastic too! Really well designed. Perfect for tinies and bigger kids.

curlywurly
12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I told you they were good!lol

Now you have to get one!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sweets
12-06-2011, 09:02 PM
I told you they were good!lol

Now you have to get one!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it will have to store in your spare room till august tho! lol

Chell
12-06-2011, 09:14 PM
It has been great for me. I only bought mine a few weeks ago. I've got a small 7 seater (Grand Scenic) and use all the seats leaving little room for a buggy.

My house is also tiny! I used to have to constantly swap the single and double buggies from the car to the house and sometimes not have the right one with me.

Now the Phil and Teds stays in the car and is fine whether I have one, two or three children. My own daughter is the oldest (3 in August) so most able but can get a little jealous when I have two littler children. With the Phil and Teds I can push two children and carry one. With my old side by side I needed two hands to push.

muffins
13-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I loved my P&T for years it was my main buggy (had lots of others in that time too:blush: ), its been a god send! UNTILL I met the city select & fell in love:laughing: I had to buy one, I did & I love it, its now my main pushchair:D .

As the back seat is higher than the front & it has a huge basket, I've no need to keep my double nipper so sold that! As I can easily fit a kid sit board on the back, I've sold my triple with toddler seat! However I do still love my trusty old P&T, and as its the original V1 sport I'd not get much for it, I've hid it under my babys cot so my DH doesn't trip over it & make me rid of it:laughing:

The P&T & city select are the only 2 doubles that arn't strollers that I've found that fit in the boot of my zafira with all the seats up!:thumbsup:

lauren1979
13-06-2011, 08:57 AM
I have a P and T Sport and love it, have a Maclaren twin too but have only used it a couple of times as P and T is so much easier to push, collapse etc.

Would certainly recommend!

You can get a Lascal buggy board on back in single mode, not in twin mode though!

sweets
13-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I loved my P&T for years it was my main buggy (had lots of others in that time too:blush: ), its been a god send! UNTILL I met the city select & fell in love:laughing: I had to buy one, I did & I love it, its now my main pushchair:D .

As the back seat is higher than the front & it has a huge basket, I've no need to keep my double nipper so sold that! As I can easily fit a kid sit board on the back, I've sold my triple with toddler seat! However I do still love my trusty old P&T, and as its the original V1 sport I'd not get much for it, I've hid it under my babys cot so my DH doesn't trip over it & make me rid of it:laughing:

The P&T & city select are the only 2 doubles that arn't strollers that I've found that fit in the boot of my zafira with all the seats up!:thumbsup:

wow just looked up the city select and it looks great! mmmmm don't know what to do now :panic: love baby joggers!

muffins
13-06-2011, 01:35 PM
wow just looked up the city select and it looks great! mmmmm don't know what to do now :panic: love baby joggers!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

melanieabigail2004
13-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I have had an E3 (the original one but is basically the Sport) and have just upgraded to the Dash (all singing and dancing one) - wouldn't be without it and I too was a 'I hate the look of P&T' to start with!!!! :) :)

handeme
13-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Can you fit a buggy board on it whe in doubles mode?

I am watching one at the minute on Ebay!!

c x

onceinabluemoon
13-06-2011, 02:32 PM
How about a britax b dual?

Both seats lay flat so suitable for two newborns. The top seat can face either way when used on its own (so can make a 'pram'). It fold with both seats attached and is no bigger than the P&T when folded. It is wider when in use (69cm) but is a lot steadier as it has 4 wheels instead of 3.

Quite a few CMs on here have them so maybe ask for a review of that too?

WRT the sport, Vibe and Explorer, I have had all 3. Out of them all I preferred the sport V2 as the back seat reclines a little even though it was unsuitable much more than 9 months...

Katiekoo
13-06-2011, 03:07 PM
how do you fix a buggy board on? i didnt think you could on phil and teds

Ah ha I attached it to the bit the 2nd seat attaches to rather than the axle, it's not perfect but pretty good, very stable. I wrote about it on another thread and never got round to putting photso on. I'll try to get them on later.

LOOPYLISA
13-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I think they are funny looking things :laughing: :blush:

Can you tell i don't c/mind and have a 13 yr old :D

Louise0208
13-06-2011, 03:50 PM
i have the sport, had it for my own 2 & 5 years on its still going strong :)
I make custom pram covers so of course have custom P+T covers & hoods (red polka dot)

mine has flew the world just about & has managed to survive baggage handlers & even a lazy 5 year old & my 2 year old thats the size of a sumo in it & still push it across the beach :thumbsup:

buildingblocks
13-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Okay I have been told to come and add my comments.

Firstly I have always wanted one but at the same time
a) never liked the look of them and as a lover of pushchairs where the child faces you the P and T goes against everything I look for in a pushchair.
b)could never have afforded one brand new.

BUT

My lovely friend Curly Cathy was selling hers and I got a bargain (it was a bargain when I thought I was just getting a pushchair and seat -never mind all the extras that there were when I went to pick it up).

I wanted a pushchair that meant at a weekend I could take mindee out to forests, etc and go off road so to speak and this was ideal for me as a single (using the extra seat to make a very large basket but the storage basket on it is huge in its own right. I have fallen in love with it so much that I have now donated my side by side pushchair to a friend and got rid of the Sky Marco to another childminder and will now have the P and T as a single or a double.

I love it so much that I would quite happily go and buy one brand new.

kells_bells
14-06-2011, 09:26 AM
I bought one second and a few weeks ago, I was so excited I didn't pay attention to how you put it up. I spent 20 min trying to put it up give up in the end and carried the two lo's :blush:

I've founda YouTube instruction vid now, I didn't know there was a catch :laughing:

buildingblocks
14-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I bought one second and a few weeks ago, I was so excited I didn't pay attention to how you put it up. I spent 20 min trying to put it up give up in the end and carried the two lo's :blush:

I've founda YouTube instruction vid now, I didn't know there was a catch :laughing:

lol I made Cathy show my hubby how to fold it up so I don't need to know.i don't drive so it is only when I am with him in the car I will be using it. He has always argued he couldn't sort the pushchairs but now has no excuse lol.

curlycathy
14-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I just have to add that my daughter Becky announced that Kate has to look after the pushchair really well cos she wants it back when she grows up and has a baby (she's 4!)x

Glad you are happy with it Kate!x

Katiekoo
23-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a P and T Sport and love it, have a Maclaren twin too but have only used it a couple of times as P and T is so much easier to push, collapse etc.

Would certainly recommend!

You can get a Lascal buggy board on back in single mode, not in twin mode though!

Yep, I can - I have a Lascal maxi buggy board on my P & T with doubles kit on the back - see other thread here with photos;
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83972&highlight=phil+teds

zippy
23-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I was the biggest critic of these, hated them, not fair on kid shoved underneath etc, i have had to eat my words, its fab, and the kids fight to go in the bottom feet, i thought you'd bang your shins walkig too not at all it is so easy to push just like a single easier than some actually.

zippy
23-06-2011, 06:02 PM
that was suppose to say bottom seat i should really start proof reading before clicking

lulubelle
23-06-2011, 08:24 PM
personally i hate them, i have 2 singles (tho am selling my icandy apple) a double and a triple!