PDA

View Full Version : regs on minding family members kids

mariehunter
11-06-2011, 12:55 PM
does any one know what the regulations are about minding family kids?

kel1983
12-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I mind my nieces and nephew a couple of hours a week. They count in my numbers.

mumto3
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
My sis in law has asked me if i would look after hers is she has another, shes not even pregnant yet and i havent started the training, she said she only wants me to have the baby :) so i was interested in the answers to this thread

aunt sally
12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Ofsted will not register you if you are only going to be having close family members. This includes grandchildren, nephews and neices. They will not come out and do your first graded inspection with just family children.

muffins
12-06-2011, 10:32 AM
When I minded my niece & nephew for 3 days a week they took them off my numbers on my certificate like they do with your own children. You have to inform them!

kel1983
12-06-2011, 10:37 AM
I mind my nieces and nephew a couple of hours a week. They count in my numbers.

I must add I also mind 2 lo's who are not relatives. They were on my books before I took on my sisters children.

Also in order for my sister to claim childcare costs I have to be minding a child that is not related.

Vic3003
12-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Can I ask if you do all the childminding paperwork for family children e.g. EYFS folder, RA etc.

I look after my nephew one day a week. I don't get paid and don't have other mindees that day, therefore Ofsted wouldn't inspect me that day, would they?

blue bear
12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Sounds me like that is your day off and it's up to you what you do when not working, i would just say I don't work that day when ofsted call, it's your nephew snd you just doing a favour for family not working as a minder

happydays1
13-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi i mind my nephew 3 days a week,all contracts done etc- he is a minded child the same as any other child, i have him on his own and with others and parents can claim child care costs as i am registered and minding him.:)