PDA

View Full Version : I need some help.....

angiemog
11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Hello,
I posted this is the training and courses section but I haven't had any response. I'm doing an assignment and I need to evaluate the principles of EYFS. For this I need points for and against. I'm really really stuck on reasons against them. Can anyone help? I would be really grateful to be given a few ideas.
The principles are,
Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self assured.

Children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person.

The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children's development and learning.

Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of Learning and Development are equally important and inter-connected.

I think that maybe more people read this area.....Thanks in advance, I'm getting a little desperate.

Thank you xx

The Juggler
11-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Hello,
I posted this is the training and courses section but I haven't had any response. I'm doing an assignment and I need to evaluate the principles of EYFS. For this I need points for and against. I'm really really stuck on reasons against them. Can anyone help? I would be really grateful to be given a few ideas.
The principles are,

Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self assured.but children from different backgrounds starting with you will be starting from very different points in terms of their resilience, due to parenting, illness, abuse, adoption/fostering etc, etc and so will need very different levels of support. Parents might not be on board with this, children might have different experience with us seeing them as competent but parents not??? maybe not just in a direct derogatory way (i.e. you are stupid/clumsy etc, etc) but parents who baby their children for way too long (feeding them, carrying them everywhere)

Children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person.as above I think that depending on children's experience it might be hard for us to form this bond with children or for them to be strong.

The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children's development and learning.but whilst we'd love to have all our homes looking like nursery we CM's have to balance our homelife with work. The environment involves people also so if you work with others, there needs to be consistency of approach to the children, consistency with care and policies and approach to learning - staff training issues, recruitment issues would all come in here.

Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of Learning and Development are equally important and inter-connected.this can make observations hard. Focusing on one area of development is tricky when you see many interconnected areas in the observation you make. But for focused next steps it is sometimes necessary to try to separate them out

I think that maybe more people read this area.....Thanks in advance, I'm getting a little desperate.

Thank you xx

what have you come up with so far hon? usually for every positive you make there will almost always be an opposite negative. However, I have made some suggestions but I see these more as difficulties in implementing the principles rather than them being a negative of having the principle itself. None of the principles have negatives for the children in our care - as far as I can see.:blush:

So I'd approach it as the positives are .... but in practice this might be straightforward because..... . However, I'd check in with your tutor as wouldn't want to send you down the wrong route.:)

angiemog
11-06-2011, 02:35 PM
what have you come up with so far hon? usually for every positive you make there will almost always be an opposite negative. However, I have made some suggestions but I see these more as difficulties in implementing the principles rather than them being a negative of having the principle itself. None of the principles have negatives for the children in our care - as far as I can see.:blush:

So I'd approach it as the positives are .... but in practice this might be straightforward because..... . However, I'd check in with your tutor as wouldn't want to send you down the wrong route.:)

Thanks for your comments, they have given me a few ideas. My tutor is very fussy about how I write the fors and againsts. There has to be againsts. In another assignment on communication I wrote all the positives then wrote about what would happen if there wasn't any. I couldn't think of any reason why it would be a negative thing to have good communication! I lost marks because of it. The only think I have come up with for one of the principles is that some children do not have the security of loving parents at home and also the expensive of having to have all the resources/activities/experiences as a childminder and OFSTED can mark you down for not achieving in the principles. I only have 500 words so with the ideas I have should fill the last part. THANK YOU so much for helping out. I appreciate it. xx

The Juggler
11-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for your comments, they have given me a few ideas. My tutor is very fussy about how I write the fors and againsts. There has to be againsts. In another assignment on communication I wrote all the positives then wrote about what would happen if there wasn't any. I couldn't think of any reason why it would be a negative thing to have good communication! I lost marks because of it. The only think I have come up with for one of the principles is that some children do not have the security of loving parents at home and also the expensive of having to have all the resources/activities/experiences as a childminder and OFSTED can mark you down for not achieving in the principles. I only have 500 words so with the ideas I have should fill the last part. THANK YOU so much for helping out. I appreciate it. xx

not sure I helped that much in the end but a pleasure. Your tutor sounds tough! Good luck, sure you will pass with flying colours x