PDA

View Full Version : So much work!

Minstrel
10-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I feel bad saying this because I know times are hard and work is scarce in a lot of areas but...

I am soooo full I'm brimming over with enquiries coming out of my earholes! :clapping:

I have 11 children on my books at the moment and three more signed up for starts over the next 9 months when i get vacancies due to school starters and children becoming over 8's etc. Two mums are also pregnant and i've been asked to have the babies (<-- not sure on this at the moment). In the last month I've also had two mums say they've passed my number on.... I can't keep up!!!!

So excited and I'm really sorry if it's inappropriate to be shouting about this. I wish you all lucky vibes for the phone to ring.

Mouse
10-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I have to be honest, it's the same for me - I could be filling my places 3 times over :blush:

I'm considering taking on an assistant, but even then I won't be able to fit everyone in. I've had 2 more enquiries this week that I have had to pass on. It's fantastic for me, but there are minders here who are really struggling to get work.

funemnx
10-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I've been lucky enough to be full for the last 5 years. Just when I think things will start to slow down, someone else has a baby! I have got an assistant now 2 days a week and the extra pair of hands is invaluable :D

Mookins
10-06-2011, 07:35 PM
well doneboth ofyou...mines picked up quite well...think peple are having to extra jobs because of the financial upheavel....long may it last xxx

SandCastles
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Feel so jelouse, in Sept I will be full between 3.30 and 6 but hardly have any during the day! I am advertising but nothing yet! please send lucky vibe to Hull

miffy
10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Congratulations both of you.

Miffy xx

ChocolateChip
10-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Don't think there's anything wrong in posting about good times- it's nice to hear there are some positives so you go girls, and good luck to you! :clapping:

You're right in that there are hard times for people, I could really do with finding a full timer myself as have lost £200 a week income since March, and am skint as we have just had a conservatory built, but it doesn't make me grudge someone else's good luck :)
Just send us all some of your vibes :D

ruby
10-06-2011, 07:44 PM
we are doing quite well as well

one mindee in september but will be in nursery part of the day just waiting to hear wether its morning or afternoons
6 month old twins starting in August.
another baby coming in January so we will be very busy
just had to trun another baby down 2 days a week but just can't do it

cathy

Greengrass74
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I feel bad saying this because I know times are hard and work is scarce in a lot of areas but...

I am soooo full I'm brimming over with enquiries coming out of my earholes! :clapping:

I have 11 children on my books at the moment and three more signed up for starts over the next 9 months when i get vacancies due to school starters and children becoming over 8's etc. Two mums are also pregnant and i've been asked to have the babies (<-- not sure on this at the moment). In the last month I've also had two mums say they've passed my number on.... I can't keep up!!!!

So excited and I'm really sorry if it's inappropriate to be shouting about this. I wish you all lucky vibes for the phone to ring.

We are the same and I feel embaressed to say :blush: but we have 12 on our books at the mo with another 3 to start by the end of June and 1 more in Sept, and also loads of calls.
But like we all know it only takes 1 or 2 to move on and things can change so we must make the most of the good times.

Wishing everyone lots of calls and new business

Jiorjiina
10-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Actually, I find it quite a relief to hear people say this!

Minstrel
11-06-2011, 06:33 AM
It's so lovely to hear a lot of you are in the same position. :thumbsup:

When I was desperate for the phone to ring, and there has been many times waiting, I would try and find all the positive posts where people had found work as it would make me realise it will happen and not to give up.

So long may it last! And phone ringing vibes to those who are waiting, it WILL happen, and make sure you come back and tell us when it does because their will be people relying on your positive posts as well to cheer them up!

Have a good weekend everyone, I'm off on a training course this morning. :(

TinaH
11-06-2011, 09:09 PM
This is a really lovely post to read! Thank you for sharing. It has made me feel so much more optimistic about the future:)

The Juggler
12-06-2011, 08:19 AM
same here - and loads of parnets looking for 2 places for siblings baby and toddler as well as baby and schoooliles.

I'm struggling to juggle my part-timers PLUS a child going on mat leave and think I have also managed to secure a temp contract for 9 months so mum going on mat leave can drop from 4 to 2 days with no retainer. Hope everything works out.

Good luck to everyone and for those where it's quieter hope the phone starts ringing soon.x

Louise0208
12-06-2011, 09:36 AM
have 5 on the books (was 7 till last weeks abandoned child incedent, mum, not me)

Ihad 3 new starters in one week (that was fun :eek: ) but before that it was bare minimum.....im now refusing work

i have space for a full timer under 5 should i wish but im liking it just as it is at the mo asi get an hour off in the morning & same in the afternoon :thumbsup: i also have some operations in the next few months & health problems aswell so dont want to take on any new children & then have to take time off.

im loving the kids & the money is helping but im not loving the extra paperwork