PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for 2009!

son77
30-04-2008, 06:44 PM
As i've said I've had an enquiry to start in Jan 09.

Personally I think thats a bit far off yet but what should I say?

Explain that if she wanted to reserve a place would require a retainer fee (which could work out quite expensive) or what?

Sorry bit stumped as its so far off.

Any advice would be great!!

cloud9
30-04-2008, 06:54 PM
God that is a long way in advance. personally i would tell her to call back nearer the time unless she is willing to pay a substantial retainer for the place (which im sure she wont) as its a long time to go otherwise without an income. But saying that even with a retainer it could still be quite a loss of earnings if she decides not to take the place up after all.

Pipsqueak
30-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Blimey!!!:eek:

I would exlain about the expense of a deposit and suggest that you put them on your "waiting list" and you will both check in with each other every couple of months. If you get an enquiry that you feel you may like to take then you will ring them and give them the option of paying a rather expensive retainer. You could say that if the place isn't filled by end of November then you will happily take a deposit.

Blimey I don't really know - is it a serious enquiry (if it is then surely they must realise that you couldn't hold a space for that amount of time without recompense).

Good luck I am sure others on here would be able to advise better

sarah707
30-04-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree with Squeaky - it's too far in advance really.

I would just keep their details on file on your waiting list and start to think more carefully about it after the summer. :D

disney
30-04-2008, 08:05 PM
i too have had this and cant charge a deposit or retainer as it a long way off . but what i have done is what sarah as said i put them on a wating list and give them a call nearer the time when i can see just what vacancies i have. a minder i know has had a baby on her list since she was born she isnt starting ubtil shes 2 , so there you go :rolleyes:

ma7ie
30-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I've had a couple of calls from women who are in the very early stages of pregnancy and not going back to work until the baby is 9 months. I think sometimes they are just putting the feelers out to see what is available in the area.

I just tell them to give me a ring when baby is born and take it from there.

buildingblocks
30-04-2008, 10:01 PM
THe NCMA recommend that you don't take on a contract until baby is born and I personally won't do acontract for a baby until they are a month old (unless circumstances were extremely unusual)

son77
01-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I emailed back.

Baby is 3 months at mo so would be 1 when she required a place.

Said she will contact in Sept & take it from there.

I'll make sure I keep her address for if I have a vacancy then!