PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary

munch149
10-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Found out today that a woman has been in the paper in Bristol because she got inadequate at ofsted. She cared for the children well just didn't fulfil the paperwork requirements. I do not think it fair that this has been put in the paper. Fair enough she should have to improve but does the whole world need to know about it. I'm sure she feels bad already. How do others feel. If that person is out there, know i feel for you.

Pipsqueak
10-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Poor lady.. just goes to show that its all about the paperwork nowadays.

give us the link to the online bit of the paper.......(forum power)....

Greengrass74
10-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Poor lady.. just goes to show that its all about the paperwork nowadays.

give us the link to the online bit of the paper.......(forum power)....

Totally agree if it was just about the paperwork it is such a shame that they have written about her, I suppose that is what we can expect from the press nowadays, they just love focusing on the negatives. I bet they don't report when a childminder gets good or outstanding. :censored: PRESS

Joda
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Gosh - I'll be getting an inadequate then! My paperwork (or lack of it) is shocking, but at least my mindee's are happy, well cared for, safe and stimulated even if Ofsted don't look at any of that.

Lawwa
10-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Is this it?
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Childminder-kind-scratch/story-12722839-detail/story.html

Alibali
10-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I've just reat the article, poor girl! I think any parent would be happy with a childminder like that, as would any child, only flipping pen pushers that have an issue! I know some of us are better at paperwork than others, but does that really make us better carers?

debratina
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
omg - that is so unfair can ofsted really do that?
debra

Mouse
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
omg - that is so unfair can ofsted really do that?
debra

Do what? It isn't them that's put it in the paper!

Ripeberry
10-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Totally agree if it was just about the paperwork it is such a shame that they have written about her, I suppose that is what we can expect from the press nowadays, they just love focusing on the negatives. I bet they don't report when a childminder gets good or outstanding. :censored: PRESS

I was the first Oustanding in my county at first inspection and not a twitter :rolleyes: But then I'm too shy for that kind of attention.
Why on earth would it be in the paper, that poor woman :(

Katiekoo
10-06-2011, 02:55 PM
From a news background perspective it's a rubbish story I don't know why they bothered to print it - what's the story? What's the angle? The paper doesn't seem to pass any kind of judgement, they don't say once if they are against the Childminder or aginst Ofsted. Sad that it made the news really, poor Childminder having this on top of Ofsted's grading.

Mouse
10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
From a news background perspective it's a rubbish story I don't know why they bothered to print it - what's the story? What's the angle? The paper doesn't seem to pass any kind of judgement, they don't say once if they are against the Childminder or aginst Ofsted. Sad that it made the news really, poor Childminder having this on top of Ofsted's grading.

I have to be honest, i did think the paper must have been struggling for news :rolleyes:

Mouse
10-06-2011, 03:16 PM

They do here! One cm contacted them herself & they did a good article on her. When I got outstanding, Ofsted phoned me & said could they give the local paper my details for them to run a story. I declined!

miffy
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I have to be honest, i did think the paper must have been struggling for news :rolleyes:

I think so too.

I do feel for the childminder though.

I wonder who gave the press the story.

Miffy xx

Rain or Shine
10-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Its just silly, clearly she needs more support with EYFS, why is her development worker not supporting her with this. Whats the point in having them if they don't help you?

Also, its a shame she didn't ask for help......

If you are on here, we are all here to help. You don't have to make yourself known........everyone talks about planning ideas and EYFS on here. Lets share some ideas xxxx

Don't feel alone xxx

Pipsqueak
11-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Yes its a rubbish story and there is absolutely no point to it.

However, it sounds like this minder was not even anywhere near meeting the legislation that is EYFS.... safeguarding for instance and rightly so is a BIGGIE and that is (again rightly so) a fail. We have a duty - professionally and morally to ENSURE that we understand safeguarding procedures and that means doing some training in one way or another.

In respect of the EYFS.. well the consultation review recommendations would cover some of the other 'eyfs concerns'......

I do not believe this minder deserved the humilation of it being in the paper though, she may not be named but there will still be people who know who she is.

Thing is ... just like exams.. some people do well in exams others don't perform in test conditions.....