PDA

View Full Version : Ambitious start date?

Cazz
30-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Can you tell me if I am being unrealistic? I would like to start childminding beginning of September but have not sent off any paperwork yet as house needs a few things doing. First Aid course starts on Saturday followed by ICP start on 13th May. I feel a bit in limbo at the moment and don't know what I should do to get the ball rolling and when. I was going to wait until I started ICP course and ask but that is another 2 weeks that could make quite a bit of difference.

I was told at the school today that someone I know of has been trying to get a childminder for her 3 year old and nobody in the town has vacancies so there is obviously a big demand. I would approach her if I could be sure I would be ready to go in September in the hope that she may be able to sort something until then.

Any advice appreciated.

Carole x

tulip0803
30-04-2008, 06:29 PM
What seems to delay a lot of registrations is the CRB check for you and all members of your household over 16. These can take 3-4 months to come back. I believe, from what the others have said that OFSTED brings the forms out when they pre-reg you.

CRB checks are holding my reg up and DH and I both hold recent enhanced CRBs:(

sarah707
30-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I would advise against giving any sort of start date... like tulip says, you might have to be very patient! :D

Cazz
30-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks for that! Dh and I will have to spend the next few days doing as much as we can to the house and then I'll send the forms off. I have been told that Ofsted come out quite quick for the pre-reg so if they bring the CRB forms I need to be seeing them soon. My maternity pay finishes in July and I can't afford to not be earning anything for too long :(

jessie1
30-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I am still waiting as well, did Pre-reg in Feb and 1st Aid in March and ICP but still nothing. Waiting on OFSTED to contact me for inspector visit. My maternity pay also ending in June and considering going back and start officially in September, but that means I must find place for my little one and I cant find any....

Cazz
30-04-2008, 10:49 PM
It does seem to be quite drawn out doesn't it! I wanted to have the summer holidays with my own children and then try and get mindees lined up for the new school year but not looking like that will happen. I might have to go back to work for a little while as well (after the summer!) but fortunately my mum would look after the baby short-term. No point even trying to find a childminder in this town!

How did you find the ICP course and exam?

Cazz
30-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Message went on twice and I couldn't delete it so I'm typing this :blush: