PDA

View Full Version : hummmmmmmmmmm

emmadines
09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Well, not overly sure. Ive been a little wrapped up getting college stuff and revision done for my final exam last week that I hadnt really noticed.... I was going to post this before "mum" arrived to collect the boys..... needless to say shes been and gone!

Mindees mum has been late quiet often recently and 20 mins here n there each week so I have decided that I will put 2 extra hours on as its getting slightly more often as time gose on.

I didnt know how I should bring it up - I look after all 3 of her boys so shes my main sorce of income! so I dont really want to upset her (we've known each other before I was a minder, and she also knows that when its minding Im a diff person)

anyway as she beat me to it I asked her if she had changed her ours and explained that its come to my attention that her collection times have not been at the times arranged and wondered whether they have changed? she said no ......

what would you do now??? do I moniter the collection times and see if they get a little bit more on time?? or should i just charge the extra hour as and when??

xx

onceinabluemoon
09-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Personally I reserve the right to charge 'after hours fees' at an enhanced rate (just over double normal) and do so when a parent starts to take the micky.

I wrote a newsletter saying that late collections were severely impacting on my private life and my ability to get my own children to and from their groups and clubs and that as from xx date I would be charging £2 every 15 minutes if children were not picked up on time without previous arrangement. I explained in person that I didn't particularly want their money, just their children being picked up on time. Nobody minded or got the hump and I have only had to implement it once.

The Juggler
09-06-2011, 08:55 PM
if you don't want to upset her and just slap on charges without discussion, then sit her down and say. Look you know it's not always easy to leave on time but she has been late quite often (20 mins or so) all these hours add up for you.

So, what would she like you to do, change contract hours and charge at normal rate, or add on late fee charge at x per hour and min. hour per time.

Sure she will want ot change the contracted hours OR turn up on time.;)

mushpea
10-06-2011, 05:15 AM
as you have already spoke to her about the collection times i would now charge extra for any times she is late in future as she is now aware that not only is she late but that you have noticed.
I have a mum who is getting earlyier and earlier each morning and I have had this before and not said anything with a different parent,, this time though I have said to her did she realise shes been here early all this week and last week,, she no but has continued to be early so I will charge her for it.
if you dont charge she may think its ok for her to be late and then get even later .

nokidshere
10-06-2011, 06:09 AM
if you don't want to upset her and just slap on charges without discussion, then sit her down and say. Look you know it's not always easy to leave on time but she has been late quite often (20 mins or so) all these hours add up for you.

So, what would she like you to do, change contract hours and charge at normal rate, or add on late fee charge at x per hour and min. hour per time.

Sure she will want ot change the contracted hours OR turn up on time.;)

That is exactly what I would do :thumbsup:

Katiekoo
10-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't charge without telling her before hand, in a newsletter or in person. I charge for the time when there is a late collection plus if they haven't told me they'll be late there's an added charge of £5 for the inconvienience - it has never happened yet!