PDA

View Full Version : Time to make a decision - NCMA vs MM

Louise317
09-06-2011, 03:31 PM
In the next few days I will have to make a decision on which insurance, memberships paper work etc

Looking at MM and its £126 for 12 months insurance, essential paper work (inc folders) + a fire blanket. Free membership and debt recovery in insurance
year cost of £42+additional paperwork as required.

NCMA is £63 membership + £23 Insurance for 12 months, Essential paperwork (inc folders) + fire blanket £72.40 = £158.50
Year cost of £86 + additional paperwork

I'm getting the message the MM is better for insurance because of the debt recovery, and paperwork more understandable and no membership fee - so verging to MM

I just need to understand (I've read so much I can't see clearly now!) what are the benefits of joining NCMA as a member ?

Thank you in advance - Louise xx

zippy
09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm with mm found them really good you now get a monthly email too with craft ideas and news etc

christine e
09-06-2011, 04:01 PM
As a member of NCMA (registered charity and therefore non profit making)you are a member of a professional organising which works to promote childminding locally, regionally and nationally and lobbies government on matters affecting us. MM is a profit making company.

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Have you considered mm for insurance and ncma for membership so that you support ncma whilst they support you?

tulip0803
09-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I am a member of the NCMA and use their paperwork - very easy to understand and use I think - but my PLI is with MM.

The NCMA work to ensure that childminders are represented at a national level. They have lobbied for OFSTED fees to remain low for childminders amongst other things.

Locally they offer training and fun days in my area free of charge:clapping:

rickysmiths
09-06-2011, 05:21 PM
In the next few days I will have to make a decision on which insurance, memberships paper work etc

Looking at MM and its £126 for 12 months insurance, essential paper work (inc folders) + a fire blanket. Free membership and debt recovery in insurance
year cost of £42+additional paperwork as required.

NCMA is £63 membership + £23 Insurance for 12 months, Essential paperwork (inc folders) + fire blanket £72.40 = £158.50
Year cost of £86 + additional paperwork

I'm getting the message the MM is better for insurance because of the debt recovery, and paperwork more understandable and no membership fee - so verging to MM

I just need to understand (I've read so much I can't see clearly now!) what are the benefits of joining NCMA as a member ?

Thank you in advance - Louise xx

Its not a question of Free Membership. MM are just an Insurance Broker and there is nothing to be a member of.

The National Childminding Association (NCMA) is a Professional body who represent Childminders Interests at all levels.

sarah707
09-06-2011, 05:24 PM
When you buy MM insurance you become a member of their childminder club -

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

You can see the benefits on the right hand side of the page.

They include Eyfs training guides, discounts, Creative Minds digital magazine etc.

Hth :D

the happy house
09-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I use MM for PLI as there had been issues with NCMA not chasing parents for non-payment.
I am a member of the NCMA though - don't confuse membership with insurance - it's separate.

green4lynn
09-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I used NCMA until last year, then decide to try MM as they were much cheaper and I hadn't used any NCMA features other than ordering paperwork. MM offer what I need, are helpful and their childcare club has a lot of good features.

Good luck making your choice.

Lynn x

Louise317
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Thank you all.

I've decided to go with MM for insurance and paper work for this year and see how we get on. Next month I will join NCMA as a Member (once I got some spare pennies)

Louise x