PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy castles

Joda
09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Just wanted some opinions please - if you went out with mindee's and there was a bouncy castle, would you let mindee's have a go on it?

I went out last week and felt quite mean as I refused to let my mindee's go on a bouncy castle as I haven't got written permission from parents (other mum's were standing 'tutting' at my meaness lol!). I'm just wondering if I'm being too cautious but I do know children who have had quite nasty injuries from bouncy castles.

Pipsqueak
09-06-2011, 01:47 PM
If I had written permission then yes I would let them go on and I would be asking the operator what the min age is.

I let my mindees go on one of the bouncy slide castle things...., let them go on climbing walls, and the sumo wrestling suits, bungee runs......

Kids get injured ALL the time doing the most mundane things.. put it in perspective and its not so bad. If we were to think like that all the time we'd never let kids do anything.......

However, if its not something you are comfortable with then don't be pressured into allowing it.

Alibali
09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
i would send a text to parents to check it was ok, then you have written consent:)

alwaysright
10-06-2011, 08:27 AM
hi i write it into my large garden toys/tampoline/and bouncy castle policy, so if i consider the child to be of an appropriate age and they have signed my policy then i let them go on but with the warning any messing around (climbing on the side walls, flips etc) then they get taken off, but i do have my own bouncy castle which is why i wrote it into my policy.