PDA

View Full Version : food shopping

Ant_h18
09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
hello every where do you go food shopping.

LOOPYLISA
09-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Mostly tescos, but occasionally sainsburys :thumbsup:

loocyloo
09-06-2011, 10:31 AM
tesco/adsa deliveries

local market for everything else! :D

( i would do the main shop myself, but closest big supermarket is 45min drive away at least! :) )

birch24
09-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Sainsburys delivery. Have tried all the others but doesnt seem to be much in it and am saving my nectar points for xmas:D

Bitsy Beans
09-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I go to Aldi for the fruit and veg, free range chicken and eggs and then head to Sainsbury's for everything else. I love Sainsbugs Basics range......far nicer than Tesco's.
I must stress I do this child free, no way I'd drag kids to one supermarket let alone 2 :eek:

Greengrass74
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Asda delivery, would be lost without online shopping and the delivery service, best thing supermarkets ever did:thumbsup:

kel1983
09-06-2011, 11:44 AM
We are Tesco shoppers and big fans of the Tesco Value range. Taske good and the price is good too.

We buy all our fruit from the local market and any veg thats a good price too.

RachelE
09-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I go to Tesco as there's one in our small town.
(we also use it for petrol and have had some good free days out from the vouchers recently)

OUr Morrisons is about 20 mins away and we do now and again go there.

I should make the effort to use the fuit and veg stall on the market - but its easier to just get it from Tesco!

Rachel x

rickysmiths
09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Tesco, Asda, Costco and our local High Street for Fruit, veg, bread and meat.

Bushpig
09-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Ocado delivery - they're tops. Local high street shops for fresh bread/fruit & veg if needed.

ChocolateChip
09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Love Iceland for filling up the freezers,
Asda for main grocery shop, go to Tesco once every 4-6 weeks for things I can't get anywhere else
Most fresh stuff and cleaning things from Lidl- oh works there so I have my own personal shopper! :D

mrs_scottydog
09-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Sainsburys for the weekly shop. We go to the local butchers and bakery for meat and bread and Tesco or Coop if there's anything we've run out of before the weekly shop. Hx

PixiePetal
09-06-2011, 05:56 PM
sainsburys/tesco for weekly online shop. Waitrose every now and then online and whenever I get to town, I prefer their meat than other supermarkets :o

butcher for meat if I am in town and need something special

Ant_h18
09-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Well i go to tesco now for my own shopping becuase of the points!! but not to sure where to go when we registered. do any of you do you own shopping with the mindees shopping

kel1983
09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Well i go to tesco now for my own shopping becuase of the points!! but not to sure where to go when we registered. do any of you do you own shopping with the mindees shopping

I may have to tomorrow. Completely run out of time this week and need food. the lo is 2 and really well behaved so hopefully wont be a problem

caz3007
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
We get Tesco or Sainsburys home delivery.

I like some of the things from Asda, but its about half hour away and I have had so many problems with their delivery, its not the stressless option

We go to Iceland about once a month for bits and use Lidls too, especially their offers

PixiePetal
09-06-2011, 07:07 PM
We get Tesco or Sainsburys home delivery.

I like some of the things from Asda, but its about half hour away and I have had so many problems with their delivery, its not the stressless option

We go to Iceland about once a month for bits and use Lidls too, especially their offers

I find ASDA delivery the worst :rolleyes:

I do Iceland about once a month if the freezer gets low

caz3007
09-06-2011, 07:25 PM
I find ASDA delivery the worst :rolleyes:

I do Iceland about once a month if the freezer gets low

After 3 deliveries that have entailed long phone calls to sort out missing or squashed items, they have lost a customer and we may go over now and again as we like browsing round the huge superstore, but dont tell them that :laughing:

PixiePetal
09-06-2011, 08:01 PM
After 3 deliveries that have entailed long phone calls to sort out missing or squashed items, they have lost a customer and we may go over now and again as we like browsing round the huge superstore, but dont tell them that :laughing:

my last (ever!) delivery did not turn up as they couldn't find me - no sat nav or company phone - they are expected to use their own phones. loads of phone calls to goodness knows where call centre and it came next day - then found out loads was missing :angry: more calls and I got my delivery fee refunded and free next time - what next time :angry:

They lost me too and I am telling all my friends to avoid them :D

I go to store sometimes but will never use for online shopping

SYLVIA
09-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Sainsburys online as its a one hour slot. Tesco used to be 2, haven't used them for a few years but do go to the local store.

onceinabluemoon
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Waitrose, love their food!!

mushpea
10-06-2011, 05:21 AM
used to use asdas home deliery but it went downhill fast, missng items, broken or squshed items,, so now we use tescos home delivery cause I cant face dragging three litties round the shop nor can i face taking my two older ones shopping!

caz3007
10-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Sainsburys online as its a one hour slot. Tesco used to be 2, haven't used them for a few years but do go to the local store.

You book a two hour slot with Tesco and then they text you on the morning of the delivery to give you a closer estimated time, so it saves you being on edge for 2 hours waiting :laughing:

I use home delivery as it frees up the weekend for family time as I dont drive, so we all have to go

Vickster
10-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Ocado, tried all of the others always go back to Ocado. Good quality, easy to navigate site, early deliveries, one hour slots, often no substitutions and they text you in advance if there are any.

Jods
10-06-2011, 07:28 AM
I love cooking, so love food shopping, cant cope with online (I know what goes on worked for Tescos for 7 years) x

I am a complete supermarket 'slut', I go where I fancy, but dont really like ASDA, tend to swap between Sainsburys and Tescos, but do love Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi x