PDA

View Full Version : New parent

NicoleW
09-06-2011, 08:31 AM
I have another parent coming around.

So far, I've had 10 in total and I'm only using one of them for two afterschoolers as and when I'm needed.

Had nothing for ages and now..

I have a parent coming round this morning for a place in September, another one coming next wednesday for a place in September. I've reserved a spot for mornings for a little girl beginning of july, I have two more parents from my baby group that need me from September

Shall I just give all the parents two weeks to get back to me because I have others interested in the places?

Knowing my luck they'll all say no.

sue m
09-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Good luck for today and next Wednesday. I've always asked them very nicely to let me know one way or the other but sometimes they don't get back to you. See how you feel the meeting went and if it was ok, text them after a week or so (maybe?) and ask if they have found anyone.......

dusky777
09-06-2011, 09:52 AM
I havent had a sinlge enquiry all year then i get 2 this week. one as and when for 2 girls and another for september 2 days.
Im going to give a week to mine to get back to me as i need to know i can continue childminding after mindees goto school in september or its off to the job centre!!
good luck

NicoleW
09-06-2011, 10:27 AM
She said YES!

That's a full timer in September, funny thing is she came to my door and I realised who it was. She had her boy the same time I had my girl, and I sold her my pushchair! She was like "I've met you before haven't I?" "Yes, you bought my pushchair!"

So that was nice.

I played with her little boy which she was amazed at as he always cries with strangers apparently. She's just going to ask her university if they pay a retainer fee, if not I'm going to offer her the place anyway free of charge of a retainer fee. She's coming back next week to sign the contracts.

Now I've got a girl coming in the mornings only in July, this full time in September and my baby girl as well. If I have another full timer wanting a space in September, the girl in July starts Reception then so I can class her as a 5 year old can't I?

sue m
09-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Fabulous, really pleased for you. xx:clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
09-06-2011, 10:59 AM
that is fab news hon.:thumbsup:

christinegrout
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
great news :thumbsup: