PDA

View Full Version : Daily Routine

13Katrina
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
What does your daily routine look like?

I'm not sure how to structure my day? Do you provide three meals a day plus snacks and how do you fit these in?

Thank you.

blue bear
09-06-2011, 06:42 AM
All my children have breakfast and tea at home , all but one brings a packed lunch. I provide snacks, we eat when children are hungry no set times but generally snacks around 10, 2 and after school. Lunch around 12

Most mornings we go out , toddlers, park , soft play, childrens centre , library , shops etc

On days when I have all under 2's routine is pretty much the same but when all over 3's, the children choose what we do so can be very varied especially in the summer months.

sarah707
09-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Breakfast... school runs... outing with snack... back for lunch... rest / quiet time... free play / planned activities... school runs... snack... free play / planned activities... tea... home time :D

miffy
09-06-2011, 06:59 AM
What does your daily routine look like?

I'm not sure how to structure my day? Do you provide three meals a day plus snacks and how do you fit these in?

Thank you.

Your routine will alter depending on the ages of the children you're looking after.

You might also find there are things you have to do at certain times like the school run

I wouldn't worry too much - you'll soon find what works for you.

I don't provide breakfast but lunch is usually between 12 and 1300 and tea around 4.30pm, snacks are fitted in morning and afternoon.

Miffy xx

mushpea
09-06-2011, 10:19 AM
breakfast 7.30am school run, park or toddler group , snack 10 am ,, free play,, lunch 12pmish, activity then free play then school run then snack then home time
I dont do an evenng meal although parents can send somthing for me to reheat if they wish.

The Juggler
09-06-2011, 11:06 AM
breakfast
school run
activities planned for setting/outing/playgroup
lunch
songtime/dance/storytime
naptime/and or older children activity
school run
snacks and after school freeplay activities

HOMETIME!!!

ChocolateChip
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Breakfast... school runs... outing with snack... back for lunch... rest / quiet time... free play / planned activities... school runs... snack... free play / planned activities... tea... home time :D

Pretty much the same as Sarah's!

Although on a Wednesday I switch lo's nap to the morning and have freeplay at home as we have a lovely cooking stay and play in the afternoon which the 3/4 yr olds love.

nicoleon
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Mine is also very similar

8am-9am Free Play
9am-11am Outing or planned activity (snack at 9.30)
11.30 lunch
12.15 - 14.15 Quiet time / naps
Free Play/Getting ready for school run
15.00 - 15.50 School run
16.00 snacks
16.30 - 17.00 usually garden play/stories/music (homework for older ones)
17.30 home time (dinner just after for those that stay longer)

times are flexible and sometimes we go out all day and have packed lunch and babies sleep on the way home in the car...