PDA

View Full Version : A few questions!

rhea26
08-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi, I am soon to have my inspection and have a few questions!
What paperwork should I lock away?

Do you have to have a thermostat for the radiators?

Can you have a small bolt on bathroom door? (mindees never use it and leave door open)

How do you deal with mindees washing hands with the hot tap, obviously making sure water doesnt get to hot to burn? At the mo I always supervise but wondering about once they go on their own?

When I do risk assessments for walking can I do a general walking one or one for each route we take?

Also I need to register my sons bedroom as it is now decorated so would like to be able to use it. Do I just ring ofsted?

Thanks, I hope someone doesnt mind helping with my long list! :)

mushpea
08-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi, I am soon to have my inspection and have a few questions!
What paperwork should I lock away?

Do you have to have a thermostat for the radiators?
no just one on the wall
Can you have a small bolt on bathroom door? (mindees never use it and leave door open)
my bolt is up high out of mindees reach
How do you deal with mindees washing hands with the hot tap, obviously making sure water doesnt get to hot to burn? At the mo I always supervise but wondering about once they go on their own?
I just turn the hot tap off to tight for them to turn on,, ofsted never asked me about this.
When I do risk assessments for walking can I do a general walking one or one for each route we take?
she seemed happy with my general one
Also I need to register my sons bedroom as it is now decorated so would like to be able to use it. Do I just ring ofsted?
ring to check, when i had my conservatory built they just asked me to do a risk assesment,,never came and inspected it
Thanks, I hope someone doesnt mind helping with my long list! :)

hope this helps,, had my inspection last month and she was strict but lovley ,, just relax,, good luck

rhea26
09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks, that helps alot!
Does anyone know about what paperwork to lock away?
My small bolt on bathroom door is in reach of mindee so should I remove it? Hubby isnt keen on this!
Thanks again.:)

ChocolateChip
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
I think the things that have to be locked away are the things with personal info such as contracts, files, etc. I have a locking filing cabinet for that stuff but I keep learning jouneys in a cupboard that isn't locked next to my dining table so it's easy for me to work on them of an evening without taking over the whole house.

I would take the bolt off hun, and put it higher up just to be on the safe side. I'm sure hubby would not want to be breaking the door down if he locked himself in :eek:
I have one of those locks that can be opened with a coin from the outside, although none of my mindees use it was useful when youngest dd went through a phase of locking herself in- oh had to lift ds over the door once in ladies toilets in Windsor as she did it then :blush: :laughing: