PDA

View Full Version : Unit 2: Am I on the right tracks?

bakingmama
30-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

I am doing unit DHC Unit 2, please could you give me some advice on what I have done so far?

Question E2: Describe the role of the practitioner in meeting the individual needs of all children.

I have spoken of how we need to provide individual children with everything they need to develop, learn, stay safe, be happy and healthy. that the practitioner should treat children in their care as unique individuals, treat each individual with respect and dignity, and take their rights into consideration.

Speak to the parents to find out what the childs needs are etc.

Question D: Explain how to implement children’s rights in the home-based setting.

The practitioner would also have to consider if they have suitable equipment. This would depend on the number, age size ability and level of development of the individual child. Such as: cots for children under two, and junior beds for children over two with a quite secure place to sleep in. A disabled child would need suitable access into the property and would require room for a wheelchair to manoeuvre. The practitioner may not need to by expensive toys and equipment for a disabled child but could perhaps adapt them in a way that the disabled child could use them, appropriate to their age and ability.

The practitioner could encourage children to make their own choices such as: They could make up their own house rules. They could be written rules for children aged six to sixteen and pictures for children aged two to five. This would encourage them to think about other children in the setting, what effect their behaviour would have on other individuals and what the consequences of their actions are. etc etc

Anne

sarah707
30-04-2008, 05:40 PM
For the 1st one... do you need to include reference to eyfs yet? Even if you don't you could put that you will observe each child and from the observations, decide what their interests and learning styles are... following those, you tailor the activities to suit the child.

For the 2nd one... have you mentioned the Unicef Convention on the Rights of the Child? Useful info here ...

http://www.unicef.org.uk/tz/rights/index.asp

Sounding good to me! :D

bakingmama
30-04-2008, 06:25 PM
For the 1st one... do you need to include reference to eyfs yet? Even if you don't you could put that you will observe each child and from the observations, decide what their interests and learning styles are... following those, you tailor the activities to suit the child.

For the 2nd one... have you mentioned the Unicef Convention on the Rights of the Child? Useful info here ...

http://www.unicef.org.uk/tz/rights/index.asp

Sounding good to me! :D

Thanks, I did refer to eyfs in my assignment that is marked before the actual cache exam, thanks for reminding me I woulnd't have remembered to put that in. I just referd to birth to three and mentioned that it will be replaced by eyfs in sept 08 so I could also include that in my exam.

Anne

Tatia
01-05-2008, 06:35 AM
I was gonna say that, too, to put in how you will observe children to learn their likes and dislikes and plan for each child based on that.

And for the second one, it might be worth mentioning some legislature that you are familiar with, like UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Children's Act 2004 and so on. Nothing too in depth but just show that you are aware of the fundamanetal legal rights of children.

Tatia
01-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Ha, sorry,Sarah, I just saw the second part of your post. Great minds think alike!:D

Karen88
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi Anne
I left a message on your other post, about what grade your tutor gave you.
Well i have been also given a D for Unit 3 and also just had back from the NEC who also gave me a D. Was wondering who your tutor is?
I have 2 more questions now for Unit 4 last assignment (getting worried).
I have seen the assignments for Unit 2 which i be picking up next Thursday, this one looks harder, probably get an E for that..Ha ha.......
Please let me know:eek:

Karen xx