PDA

View Full Version : Quiet areas and places to sit and relax idea.....

Rain or Shine
08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi guys,

Just a thought, for those of you who don't use your living room when minding where do your children rest or have a sit? I do not have room for a sofa in my playroom so I have an area with an old folded over duvet on the floor with a nice washable cover, it has the book box with it. I am looking for large cushions or beanbags just to bulk it out a little. Lucy (dd) and I often sit there and share a story or 2.

What bits do your kids like in their cosy area?

I'm in a real idea sharing mood today lol xxx

manjay
08-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I purchased a load of large cusions recently for this very purpose. Mine all came from Home Sense which is similar to TK Max and I got some real bargains. Have to say the favourite is a furry dog cushion. You can't tell it is for a dog and it is very comfy. I also found some really cheap bathroom mats in there which are great for sitting on too.

christine e
08-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I've just got some lovely shiney cushions from TTS and some really cheap ones from home bargains. Seem to remember someone on here suggesting dog beds for somewhere to sit and have to admit I keep looking at them
http://www.justdogbeds.org/all-dog-beds/ferplast-anti-slip-grey-sofa-dog-bed#v_568
think something like this would be good:)

Cx

flowerpots
08-06-2011, 12:38 PM
ive never though of using the dog cushions for the quiet area, the big cushions and bean bags are quite expensive. thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

manjay
08-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Some are very obviously dog cushions which I think I would have a problem in using but the ones I have just look like big fluffy cushions and of course as they are for dogs they are usually easily washable.

Rain or Shine
08-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree Manjay, i have seen some that are just big cushions but never thought of using them.

Will have to keep an eye out for bargains x

JulieA
08-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I received a bag of resources from a Communication Friendly Spaces course, and in there was a small dog's bed. I was a little dubious but the childen love it. It is very soft, and not too doggy looking. Just added a couple of cushions as well between the sofa and storage unit, a basket of books and voila!

AliceK
08-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I've got a couple of little childrens armchairs and also lots of cushions, 3 very big ones and about 5 smaller ones. They are usually on the rug but the children also like to put them on the wicker chest and sit up there looking at books.
Dog cushions are a great idea

xxx

Ripeberry
08-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Glad people use them. I've been looking at dog cushions for ages and wondered why they did not do something similar for kids. I find bean bags a pain as they take up so much room.

mushpea
08-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I have a couple of large dog bed cushions,, just like big cushions really and the kids love to sit on them and read the books, mine came of a market stall for £5 each, much cheaper than bean bags etc

miffy
08-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I've just got some lovely shiney cushions from TTS and some really cheap ones from home bargains. Seem to remember someone on here suggesting dog beds for somewhere to sit and have to admit I keep looking at them
http://www.justdogbeds.org/all-dog-beds/ferplast-anti-slip-grey-sofa-dog-bed#v_568
think something like this would be good:)

Cx

Our children's centre has something very similar and the children love it.

I like these - they don't look too much like dog beds and with the plastic base you could use them outdoors too.

Christine - I've been looking at the shiny cushions from tts, do you think they're worth the money?

Miffy xx

Rain or Shine
08-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Wow, don't tts cost a pretty penny!!!! I need to win the lottery lol x

christine e
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Our children's centre has something very similar and the children love it.

I like these - they don't look too much like dog beds and with the plastic base you could use them outdoors too.

Christine - I've been looking at the shiny cushions from tts, do you think they're worth the money?

Miffy xx

I really like them - I only got the small ones and they are a bit expensive but I bought them with an ECAT grant I received. I would really like the big ones but think they are very expensive.

Cx