PDA

View Full Version : worried

adele1985
08-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Im a registerd childminder in the north east, I currently only have 1 child (he starts full time school this september) Im really really worried as I havent had much intrest and havent got ANY other children lined up. Has anyone else been in this situation, I think im more concerned as my partner is also self employed (mechanic) and I pay all of the utility bills. Is there any benifits that I would be entireled to as I LOVE being my own boss and working from home I really dont think going back to work in a nursery or the like is a option for me

ANY help or advice would be appriciated

Thanks, Adele x

JCrakers
08-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Im worried too as I am losing two children for school and havent had an enquiry since Nov. Ive never had any problem getting children but there are over 25 childminders in our town and about 8 nurseries.

I'm hopng for a call soon :(
Hope you get something

becky x

Flisspaps
08-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Are you currently getting Tax Credits?

adele1985
08-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Are you currently getting Tax Credits?

I have never claimed any benifits or anything like that so I didnt even think of that till last week, I have spoke to someone about it at they have sent all the forms off for me and my partner to fill in not reallly sure how much we would get tho.

sarah707
08-06-2011, 04:58 PM
You should be entitled to tax credits if your joint income is so low that you can't afford to pay your bills... so check that out.

Your local CAB should also be able to give you help and advice.

I hope the phone starts ringing soon x

lma
08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I would definatley say get the tax credits forms filled in as your bound to be entitled to something. Anything would be better than nothing.

I try not to worry and think things find a way of working out somehow?? I'm losing a full time mindee come sept and havent had a sniff of an enquiry since well before xmas and most of my mindees will become over 8 sept-dec so will have 3 spaces come available and was beginning to lose hope then I got contacted to have a baby in sept from a friend of a friend (babys currently cooking and is due in 2 weeks aww) and baby will be 2mths old come sept :clapping: :clapping: then on the same day the parent of 2 of my current mindees tells me shes pregnant and is due nov and can i have baby in march :eek: so am hoping it will work out with 2mth old then will apply for variation for sibling in feb (sneeky me i know planning ahead for variation:blush: :littleangel: )

Have you tried childcare.couk or netmums?? I have seen a few posts from other minders in my area however I dont know if they've had any work from them?? I tend to get all my mindee/enquires from parents who are friends with my current mindees parents or people I've met a various toddler group etc. Anythings worth a try if your getting desperate???

Out of curiosity which area of the noth east are you in??? I'm in north tyneside and am happy to take you along to some of my groups if you like???

HTH

adele1985
09-06-2011, 06:20 AM
I would definatley say get the tax credits forms filled in as your bound to be entitled to something. Anything would be better than nothing.

I try not to worry and think things find a way of working out somehow?? I'm losing a full time mindee come sept and havent had a sniff of an enquiry since well before xmas and most of my mindees will become over 8 sept-dec so will have 3 spaces come available and was beginning to lose hope then I got contacted to have a baby in sept from a friend of a friend (babys currently cooking and is due in 2 weeks aww) and baby will be 2mths old come sept :clapping: :clapping: then on the same day the parent of 2 of my current mindees tells me shes pregnant and is due nov and can i have baby in march :eek: so am hoping it will work out with 2mth old then will apply for variation for sibling in feb (sneeky me i know planning ahead for variation:blush: :littleangel: )

Have you tried childcare.couk or netmums?? I have seen a few posts from other minders in my area however I dont know if they've had any work from them?? I tend to get all my mindee/enquires from parents who are friends with my current mindees parents or people I've met a various toddler group etc. Anythings worth a try if your getting desperate???

Out of curiosity which area of the noth east are you in??? I'm in north tyneside and am happy to take you along to some of my groups if you like???

HTH

HI hun, im from Yarm, I do go to a toddler group on a thursday morning with another childminder in eaglescliffe, I dont think there are alot of parent toddler groups in my areas to be honest, At the minuet I only have 1 child he comes to me every day and I take him to school at 1230, I also have a afterschool child who I have on a monday and tuesday but like I said my main child starts full time school in September so getting a bit worried now. I have got a profile on the childcare website and the netmums, ive just got some leaflets designed (one of my parents done it for me) its just having the money to getting the prints done.

miffy
09-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Nothing to add but didn't want to read and run.

Hope things pick up for you soon

Miffy xx

green4lynn
09-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Try going on entitledto.co.uk. It is a benefit entitlement calculator and will give you an idea of what you can claim and a ball-park figure. If you go onto the Tax credit website they also have a calculator to tell you what you might get! If you are in rented accomodation you might be entitled to housing benefit! Hope this helps.

Lynn x