PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Network

07-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Am curious to know if any of you have ever decided AGAINST joining your local Childminding Network? Personally I am a member but to be honest I don't feel that I get anything extra from being a member and the amount of paperwork and hassle involved sometimes makes me question whether it is worthwhile? Be interested to hear what your networks are like.......

AliceK
07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I know of a few childminders near me who haven't joined for those exact reasons. It's kind of put me off tbh. I spend enough time on paperwork as it is.

xxx

Jods
07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Good question, its something I have been toying with TBH, be interesting to see some more replys x

loocyloo
07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
i was a member of the network where i used to live, and having moved, one of the first things i did was to join the network!

i find it essential for training, contacts, support etc, but it maybe that i've been lucky with great support officers. so far, i haven't had to do loads more paperwork!

also, by being part of the network ( & accrediated ) it allows me to offer funded sessions and community care.

Greengrass74
07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
i was a member of the network where i used to live, and having moved, one of the first things i did was to join the network!

i find it essential for training, contacts, support etc, but it maybe that i've been lucky with great support officers. so far, i haven't had to do loads more paperwork!

also, by being part of the network ( & accrediated ) it allows me to offer funded sessions and community care.

Totally agree:so happy:

It is the best thing we ever did, the support is great and it is essential for training and development. We also have had several new mindees due to being on the network.

Plus we have access to a wide range of toys and equipment which can be borrowed through our network, this gives the children in our care exposure to a multitude of learning experiences. Children also benefit from the new skills and activities that we learn during training, for example the recognition of special needs.

Go for it:thumbsup:

blue bear
07-06-2011, 07:18 PM
The network here was brill , we met up regularly for drop ins, local network training, annual training days for county.
Then the county restructured and to be honest im not sure how it works, the area I am now in has no other network childminders and I am no longer invited to join the network minders in the next town as they are in another area under a different DO.
There was a county training day last year which I was unable to make, they announced there, that to stay on the network we had to do ffcers assessment and to be accredited we needed to do nvq 4 ( think I had an email explaining this)

So apart from offering neg funding and the minimal paper work that goes with that, things are no different for me than other non network childminders.

The Juggler
07-06-2011, 10:04 PM
we don't have one :(

Lil chicken
08-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I didnt join mine. All it seemed to me was added paperwork and more stress!

Plus all of the minders that I meet who are part of the network were not very friendly towards new members of the network!