PDA

View Full Version : Do I do anything different?

dollydally
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Hello.... Well after giving notice to my children from hell, I have today started with a new little one (3.5 year old). And what a breath of fresh air, he was a darling. It's only for a few hours over three days but suits me at the moment. Little and often I think is the way to go for me! Anyway, I have a question. The little boy I'm looking after is a foster child and his foster parents have placed him with me - I pick him up from pre-school 3 times a week. Do I have to do anything different for him or is it just the usual learning journal etc? He is a little delayed in his speech and is not toilet trained yet or anything. I'm waiting for his 'All About Me' bits to come back so I can find out a little more about him but I don't have to do anything different paperwork wise because he's in care do I?

blue bear
07-06-2011, 03:54 PM
No, I take it contract is with and being paid by foster parents, if it's social services you need them to sign and give copies. If other professional involved like portage or h v get written permission to discuss info with them

dollydally
07-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Fi Fi, thanks for replying. Contract is with Foster parents, they have put him with me so they get time to themselves in the week which is fair enough. So I'll just treat him as if he were their own child, and maybe concentrate on speech type games etc. Thank you.