PDA

View Full Version : aha!! another top 10, question ?

Jods
07-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Am now on a roll, and have oodles of questions that need answering (and as usual am probably over analysing things too much)

But what would be your top 10 recommendation in reading books?

I know ages vary and ability to concerntrate/read has a bearing, but what would be your top ten books (can be age specific or across the board)

do any of you use story bags?

are the good old tails (Goldilocks, Ginger bread man) still a favorite ?

miffy
07-06-2011, 05:13 PM
For book recommendations have a look here.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80576

Yes, I use story sacks and they are very popular - Old Macdonald, Owl babies and Goldilocks are all popular with mine but their favourite is probably the nursery rhyme one

Miffy xx

Jods
07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
coolies thank you x :)

loocyloo
07-06-2011, 05:51 PM
ooo, we love the gruffalo, hungry caterpillar & elmer the elephant! ( have made these into story sacs too! )

am thinking of doing story sacs for 'spot' and 'dig dig digging'

other current favourite books are 'pig in the pond' and 'tanka tanka skunk'

we also read lots of traditional fairy tales ( i like the ladybird editions ) and also some of the 'barefoot' books are stunning ( and usefully multicultural as well! ;) )

sarah707
07-06-2011, 06:44 PM
We have story sacks for Elmer, Hungry Caterpillar, bear books, numbers, jungle theme... lots!

I get them out one every 2 weeks or they tend to sit on the shelf.

Children's current favourite book is 'Don't put your finger in the jelly Nelly' they think it's hilarious!

If you register at the library as a childminder you can get out more books and try them out before buying.

I buy a lot from play.com and compare the price with Amazon.

Hth :D