PDA

View Full Version : Teaspoon cakes................

Jods
07-06-2011, 02:12 PM
help.....does anyone have the recipie where you can make individual cakes using a teaspoon (also known as the tea cup cake), we used to have this recipie at pre-school and its great for the children to make their own individual cakes.......................................

and we cant find it :(

x

sarah707
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Sorry I've never heard it and neither has the chef here.

I wonder if it's something a member of staff or parent wrote? :D

karensmart4
07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I've never heard of that one, will keep an eye on this thread to see what comes up :D

We just do .... 1 egg. 2oz sugar. 2oz Marg. 2oz S/R flour. for each child, makes about 6 cakes each, we eat one with our lunch and take the rest home :thumbsup:

Ali56
07-06-2011, 07:59 PM
We use this one from allrecipes.com (I LOVE this site!!) they have some more too! It needs to be eaten quite quickly to be at its best, but everyone knows that cake is yummiest warm! this is good with custard too....... :clapping:

Chocolate mug cake

Ingredients

4 tablespoons flour

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons butter or oil

ΒΌ teaspoon vanilla (or peppermint) extract

1 tablespoon choc chips

1 large mug

Preparation method
1. Add dry ingredients to the mug, and mix well.

2. Crack an egg and add it to your mug. Be sure to mix it well to avoid any pockets of flour in the corners. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the vanilla extract.

3. Pop your mug into the microwave & zap for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt). Wait until the cake stops rising, and sets in the mug.

4. If necessary, run a knife around the sides of the mug, and tip the still warm cake out of the mug and onto a saucer.