PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel guilty when....

sillysausage
07-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Do you feel guilty when.... you get an unexpected day off childminding and you don't fill your day with anything childminding related?

Today I've no children between school hours because the baby is off ill and the shift pattern of my other mindee meant I wasn't needed today. I've got learning journals, planning and accounts to update etc etc but instead I've done general household stuff that didn't get done at the weekend and been chopping down a tree (large bush really) in the garden. I've been busy all day but why oh why do I feel so guilty at not doing the childminding stuff?

Pipsqueak
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Nope, I have learnt to cherish hours and days 'off':D

miss mopple
07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Nope! I have had 3hrs off this pm and treated myself to a long treadmill workout and a nice long shower. Lovely!

kells_bells
07-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Well I have had an unexpected day off today too and spent it with the child who's off and his mummy :D , I was just feeling like a bad geek!

It's not often you get a few hours to yourself, now my feet are burning from miles of walking around town I'm wishing I'd have spent th day feet up and 27 brews :)

kel1983
07-06-2011, 01:54 PM
NOPE:laughing:

I make the most of the spare hours I get. I catch up on housework or give myself some me time. I make sure I am up-to-date with all my paperwork too.

miffy
07-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh nooooooooo, enjoy every moment - even better if you're being paid too! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

maryp0ppins
07-06-2011, 02:03 PM
NO WAY,,,,, I LOVE them days and even if I'm not up to scratch with paperwork I make sure I do something for me...chill, shopping, or just laze around the house cleaning (a bit :blush: )

auntym
07-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Not had the pleasure of one of those days yet. Pretty sure guilty would not be up there lol

Jods
07-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I dont work Mondays at Pre-school, and everytime I say I will sit down and do my PLODS/NS/OBS/LJ, do I heck, nope never, spent yesterday window shopping, and sorting out my next carboot stuff in the garage, :blush: but will be doing LJ tonight as dad has asked to see his DS in the run up to last term before school :blush:

Zoomie
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I had a whole 2.5h to ME this morning :D .

I cleaned windows, polished mirrors, hung out washing, watched daytime tv, caught up on 1 LJ, surfed, had some biccies and tea :) .

Believe I may have a few more of these in the coming weeks. Might try and work on my suntan :blush: :blush: .

glitzygal
07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
NO, NOT AT ALL,,

have fun, i do.
I also make sure my friends know about it,, we have a great laugh making each other jelouse,
we all do SOOOO much paper work and childminding related stuff,,,,,so you CAN have a break........

enjoy the unexpected time off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we all do:thumbsup:

The Juggler
07-06-2011, 10:01 PM
no - in fact when this happens it's such a treat, I deliberately refuse to do anything CM related:laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
08-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Noooo! If I had an unexpected day off I'd refuse to ruin it doing childminding work!