PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to apply for a variation?

armadillo
06-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi,

Looking for some advise please.....

I am currently registered to care for 3 under 8's, not more than 2 may be in Early Years age group (as I have 3 children of my own).

At present I look after a 18m old boy. He is 1 of 4 children. His mum is currently on maternity leave with a 3m old baby. She returns to work in Sept and has asked me to look after the baby......so that fills my 2 EY spaces!

In Sept her second child is also starting school. Our local school starts with the children just attending in the mornings for a week, followed by a few weeks of mixtures of morning and all day sessions. Mum has asked if I can have her daughter for the times when she is only at school in the mornings for a few hours in the afternoon. I will only be looking after her for a few afternoon for a couple of weeks.

Do I need to apply for a variation for this as I will have 3 in EY or is the fact that she is starting school mean that she counts as being in full time education?

If I need a variation could you please give me some idea of how long these take & how I get one?

Thanks for your help!