PDA

View Full Version : need advice about a screamer

Lily Grace
06-06-2011, 09:09 PM
OK my mindee is 4 today and I have had a week off and she wasn't with me today as it is her birthday. This may be long but I am beginning to loose the plot with this one. She has been coming to me since January, I drop her off at nursery with my DS in the morning and have her every afternoon.

1. I have tried boundaries, they dont work
2. If my DS looks at a toys she is playing with she screams and runs off crying
3. The older mindees dont want to play with her as she screams and cries if she doesn't get her own way.
4. It was an inset day today and when I told other older mindees that A wasn't coming they cheered. I told them that wasn't very nice.
5. If she is tired she screams all day long and refuses to sleep.
6. She opens my fridge and helps herself to food
7. She wants her own way all the time and does not do taking turns
8. Screams, cries, very moody, grumpy and this can go on all day.

sorry dont really need an answer just getting myself prepared for tomorrow and hope she is in a good mood.

x

Pipsqueak
06-06-2011, 09:13 PM
sounds like

its affecting you
its affecting your own child(ren)
its affecting your other mindees

what do the parents say? are they willing to work with you?

if not time to start writing the notice letter perhaps and lots of you will feel better.

mumto3
07-06-2011, 06:28 AM
I think she is old enough to understand what is right and wrong, she needs boundaries even if she doesnt like them, ur the adult at the end of tge day not her, maybe sit down with her and make up some house rules, also try and have some 1-1 time, sounds like she craves attention and is resorting to regressive behaviour, ask her what activities she would like to do. Also whats she like at nursery? Ask them what they do. She shouldnt be helping herself to the fridge and she needs to know that, let her have a screaming fit, try and ignore it and carry on having fun with the other children, she may realise shes missing out on lots. Also make sure there are activities available to her like, sand, water, playdough as all these are sensory and may help bring her emotions out

Good luck, im sure with persistance and working with her u can crack it