PDA

View Full Version : Confused, please help

JennyM
06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Please help me to understand one of the terms on my registration certificate.

I have been approached by someone who wants me to look after her four year old daughter before and after school as of October. Term time only.

My registration certificate states that I may care for no more than 4 children under 8 years old, of these not more than 1 may be in the early years age group.

but then there is the paragraph which says:

When caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded.

Does this mean I will be able to look after this four year old aswell as the three year old I have all day? (I also have my own three year old and 8 month old)

PLEASE HELP! I am really confused and this schoolie would be perfect for me!

miffy
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
If the 4yo is in full time education then yes you can care for her too.

Miffy xx

blue bear
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
My registration certificate states that I may care for no more than 4 children under 8 years old, of these not more than 1 may be in the early years age group.

but then there is the paragraph which says:

When caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded.

Does this mean I will be able to look after this four year old aswell as the three year old I have all day? (I also have my own three year old and 8 month

You can have 4 mindees under 8
You have a 3 year old
You can take on a 4 year old in full time school as they are not counted in early years numbers
You have 2 more places available for children in full time school

auntym
06-06-2011, 09:09 PM
if in full time education then yes

JennyM
06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
:clapping: Thank you all very much!

It is ideal as the school is in walking distance too.

I will phone the Mum tomorrow and let her know. I feel a bit embarrassed that I didn't know this as I was telling her I probably wouldn't be able to. She is coming to see me on Wednesday afternoon and sounds very keen so fingers crossed it works out.

I will then only have two days to fill and maybe a school holidays child!

Tealady
07-06-2011, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=JennyM;935067I will then only have two days to fill and maybe a school holidays child![/QUOTE]

Our school holds Childminders details so if parent's ask which Childminders cover the school they pass on our details. If you want schoolies might be worth a go, especially as this time of year the parent's of children in reception start looking for childcare.