PDA

View Full Version : Advice on what car to get

HMT81
06-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I am looking to buy a new car as my current one has pretty much had it, and it is too small (corsa). I don't really know what to get as I am new to childminding.

I have a 19 month old of my own, and from sept will have 2 mindees under 2. So I need something that I can fit 3 car seats in, and space in the boot for at least a double buggy. I presume if I am going to have any older children then I will be better off getting a 7 seater, or should I wait a while for that?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what to get/what not to get!

auntym
06-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I can only offer advise on two iv had, Toyota Estima Lucida, 8str, was a great car for a while but be warned head gaskets are known to go on them and i was a victim :( although when i had it i did love it, you could have the seats facingeachother or all faced forward and very easy to drive, insurance with 6 yrs ncd was about £350 via tesco...................i now have a kia sedonna, insurance about £450 its 7 seats and very comfy, but DOES guzzle deisel and the tax is ~£134 for 6 mths...........But the kids love the fact theres 3 seats in back, two individual captain style seats in middle and two at front. still an easy car to drive even if it does seem alittle big at first

JennyM
06-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I am having this dilemma at the moment too.

I currently have a Ford Mondeo and it fits an Out N About double buggy in the boot and can fit four car seats at a squeeze but if I ever fill up all of my spaces then I will need a 7 seater. We can't quite bring ourselves to get one yet.

If we decide to do it, I will be getting a second hand one and hopefully part exchanging my current car. I've seen a few second hand 7 seaters around for about £2k.

christine e
06-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I am currently looking for a new 7 seater and am seriously considering the Renault Grand Scenic

Cx

nicoleon
06-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I've got a Mazda Bongo (fab!) and a Renault Espace (cheaper!). Bongo has got 8 seats and an elevating roof for camping trips but is an import and therefore more expensive to be insured etc. Espace does the job and DH doesn't mind it getting trashed because we bought it for my work...