PDA

View Full Version : minimum hours you are happy to do per day/week

newandlearning
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi all..

Hope everyone is doing ok today..

I've had a neighbour ask if I can look after her lil boy 2 hours per week so she can help her husband out with his business.

2 hours a week? would you do it? lil one is 11 months old... I'm not convinced its worth the paperwork (which I know sounds horrible.. but I'd have to do a very minimal EYFS LJournal I suppose?

what are you min. hrs per day/week? I'd be really interested to know x:)

PixiePetal
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I do 5 hours a day min. I don't do schoolies so mine are all in EYFS and it isn't worth it for the paperwork or money to do less. If they want less I would do it, if it fitted with other children and for 5 hours pay :)

clio0602
06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I charge for a minimum of 5hrs day for those in eyfs no matter how long they are here. Therefore charge £20 for the 2hrs or they are welcome to use the time if they wish.

Not sure the paperwork is worth it otherwise x

foxy lady
06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
im quite lucky as i have usually been fairly full .so i do a min of 2 full days a week

angiemog
06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I do 3 short sessions for 3 different families with vary between 2 1/2 -3 hours. I charge a slighly higher rate 50p more per hour I like doing it am full on most days so its nice to have a shorter session here and there. All the familes are flexible with the times which can help if someone needs a full day. I fit some of them in when my husband is home (he's my assistant) Plus if I plan a day out they are all happy to pay for more hours. It depends really how much you want the work. I know some of my families couldnt afford a minimum of 5 hours, it's really up to you, and what works with other children you have. I don't find the paperwork too bad I do 1 ob a month and 1 or 2 planned activities which can be quite short ie treasure basket or singing songs. x

rickysmiths
06-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I did 1 hour on a Friday afternoon once for someone. Only did it because I had the space but it did go on to be 2 full 10 hour days for 3 years so it was well worth doing.:thumbsup:

Toothfairy
06-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I have morning sessions and afternoon sessions.
If they only want 2hrs care then thats fine but they would pay for a whole session.

HTH :thumbsup:

The Juggler
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
min. 4 hours at higher hourly rate (£5/hour instead of £4.5)