PDA

View Full Version : Daily dairies- siblings

snufflepuff
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I have siblings here for their first full day today. I have made them a dairy each but i'm just writing in them now and writing the same thing in both, with the exception of adding how much milk the youngest has had!
Should I/ could I just write one for the both of them? Seems pointless for the parent to read the same thing twice!

gingerella
06-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I have one daily diary for the two siblings as usually food eaten is the same and activites are usually same. If there is any variation or something I want to mention to the parents about one of them I just put it at the bottom with one of their names by it. I don't think I would have time to fill two in! :)

Ripeberry
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Glad someone has posted this. I've now got two siblings and finding it hard to write in two diaries at the same time and sometimes I get them mixed up.
I think I'll stop the diary for the eldest (almost 3yrs old) and just mention him in his brother's diary.
Should be much easier! :)

loocyloo
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
i've always done individual diaries for siblings.

i find it easier that way to comment on individual childs reaction to an activity, comment on how much was eaten, how much sleep was had etc.

Mouse
06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I do one diary for both. I start off writing general info for both (what we've done, what they've eaten etc), then put a bit about each of them separately.

snufflepuff
06-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Thank you- I just did one diary but wrote a separate bit about each child in there. Mum was shocked i'd done one at all!