PDA

View Full Version : My Family Care - has anyone used them?

SamBaker
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Morning all,

Really what it says at the top, I have had someone asking me if I would register, before I do I would like a bit of feedback good or bad?

Many Thanks

xxx

SamBaker
06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Hmmm, not looking good lol

AliceK
06-06-2011, 03:15 PM
sorry, I've not heard of that one. I'm sure someone will be along soon who has though.

xxx

SamBaker
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks Alice, I hadn't heard of it till today.

Chimps Childminding
06-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Sorry, I've not heard of them either!!

Mouse
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I've just googled it, but it's not something I've heard of. Who asked you to join?

sarah707
06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Never heard of it.

Please be careful if they are asking for ££! :panic:

auntym
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Ive never heard of it sorry :panic:

alison
07-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I have had a call from them, to see if I could place a child they tend to work with big companies who are relocating staff, helping them move smoothly etc. as part of relocation packages. When my father worked for CAA they used to give my parents a short list of schools, where to get uniforms etc - I went to 12 schools as my father was firstly in the Air Force.

A lot of the drug companies use them, they seek out childcare vacancies, school places etc to pass on to parents, they do all the leg work and are paid by the employer.

They also look for emergency care cover, which pays well if you can do it!

loocyloo
07-06-2011, 08:36 AM
ahhhh, i didn't think i'd heard of them, but reading the posts i thought i'd have a look ...

and it was familiar! i am registered with them as emergency childcare. i've had a few parents use me as either emergency last minute care, or for occaisonal days booked in advance! ( one of my mums company used them, so when the school shut due to power cuts then snow! she was able to book me through the company and her company paid !!!! ) the girls that run it are great on the phone and very helpful. you get paid at the end of the month and no quibbles!

kel1983
07-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I am registered as emergency care. Not had anyone through it yet. Not even sure if it is worth doing.

SamBaker
07-06-2011, 09:29 AM
ahhhh, i didn't think i'd heard of them, but reading the posts i thought i'd have a look ...

and it was familiar! i am registered with them as emergency childcare. i've had a few parents use me as either emergency last minute care, or for occaisonal days booked in advance! ( one of my mums company used them, so when the school shut due to power cuts then snow! she was able to book me through the company and her company paid !!!! ) the girls that run it are great on the phone and very helpful. you get paid at the end of the month and no quibbles!

Thank you, I just wanted to be reassured about the payment side of things, I know we dont have to pay out anything, but just wanted to see if anyone had had problems with payment. I might register then if I have nothing to loose. :thumbsup:

Blaze
07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I have had a call from them, to see if I could place a child they tend to work with big companies who are relocating staff, helping them move smoothly etc. as part of relocation packages. When my father worked for CAA they used to give my parents a short list of schools, where to get uniforms etc - I went to 12 schools as my father was firstly in the Air Force.

A lot of the drug companies use them, they seek out childcare vacancies, school places etc to pass on to parents, they do all the leg work and are paid by the employer.

They also look for emergency care cover, which pays well if you can do it!

They've contacted me about specific placements - I wouldn't register though if they want money to do so!

SamBaker
07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
No they put a commision on your final price and they company pay it, from what I have understood

debratina
07-06-2011, 11:28 AM
i had an email from ************ has anyone heard of them?
debra

kel1983
07-06-2011, 12:33 PM
debra

Yes
I also got one too. Im not sure about it

loocyloo
07-06-2011, 12:54 PM
debra

i think someone mentioned them on here the other day, just googled them and it looks like they are australian ;) so not much use here!

kel1983
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
i think someone mentioned them on here the other day, just googled them and it looks like they are australian ;) so not much use here!

no its definately for the uk http://www.************.co.uk/

loocyloo
07-06-2011, 02:21 PM

it looks like a similar site to childcare.co.uk. i think that was free to start with. can't see any reason not to register with them! x

childcarenow
07-06-2011, 03:19 PM

Hi,

I noticed the reference to our new website and wanted to give you a little bit more information about us.
Yes we are a new childcare website, we have not launched officially just yet, but we are contacting people to see if they would like to add their details prior to us launching officially.
Over the past 8 years, we have and continue to run a number of other recruitment sites relating to care, childcare etc. but this new website works in quite a different way to our other sites.

The main reason that I wanted to post was to clarify one key point:
We are a free website and we will always be free for childcarers, whether that be Nannies, Childminders, Babysitters, Maternity Nurses etc. We will not be charging you to post your details or contact users - you can hold us to this!

I dont want this post to appear as if it is an advert and if the moderators wish to edit my post, please do so, I am sure that you can also confirm, based on my email address, the we are who we say we are.

I hope that you enjoy using the site and if you have any questions do get in touch.

loocyloo
07-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi,

I noticed the reference to our new website and wanted to give you a little bit more information about us.
Yes we are a new childcare website, we have not launched officially just yet, but we are contacting people to see if they would like to add their details prior to us launching officially.
Over the past 8 years, we have and continue to run a number of other recruitment sites relating to care, childcare etc. but this new website works in quite a different way to our other sites.

We are a free website and we will always be free for childcarers, whether that be Nannies, Childminders, Babysitters, Maternity Nurses etc. We will not be charging you to post your details or contact users - you can hold us to this!

I dont want this post to appear as if it is an advert and if the moderators wish to edit my post, please do so, I am sure that you can also confirm, based on my email address, the we are who we say we are.

I hope that you enjoy using the site and if you have any questions do get in touch.

thank you, i have just registered on your site! only one little quibble - i tried to use my real name as my user name, and it told me it was already in use !!!

Richard
07-06-2011, 09:23 PM
The ************.co.uk is owned by a website called Clario Limited:

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=************.co.uk

A winding up order was issued against this company on 13th April 2011 so I would advise caution when dealing with this company.

Hi,

georgie456
08-06-2011, 12:58 PM
The ************.co.uk is owned by a website called Clario Limited:

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=************.co.uk

A winding up order was issued against this company on 13th April 2011 so I would advise caution when dealing with this company.

I'm not sure what this means? ************ are not charging any money so why do we need to be cautious?

kel1983
08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure what this means? ************ are not charging any money so why do we need to be cautious?

Exactly what I thought. Surely we should only be cautious if we were paying for it.

childcarenow
08-06-2011, 03:19 PM
thank you, i have just registered on your site! only one little quibble - i tried to use my real name as my user name, and it told me it was already in use !!!

Hi, Yes thats an interesting point that you've raised. The name isnt in use, but your name is kept confidential on the site. This protects your privacy, but if families contact you using the messaging system then names can be passed between parties as well as telephone and email address details.

Also you can select a name that reflects your Childminding business name for example: ABC123 Childminding.

We have amended the text in the message so it doesnt say "this name is in use" any more.

I hope this helps.

Regards

childcarenow
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Exactly what I thought. Surely we should only be cautious if we were paying for it.

Hi,

Thanks for your post, firstly we will never charge childminders to use the site. We will never take credit or debit card details from you.

Also the company is running perfectly well and is not about to close down and certainly not after over 12 months of research, design and development!

loocyloo
08-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi, Yes thats an interesting point that you've raised. The name isnt in use, but your name is kept confidential on the site. This protects your privacy, but if families contact you using the messaging system then names can be passed between parties as well as telephone and email address details.

Also you can select a name that reflects your Childminding business name for example: ABC123 Childminding.

We have amended the text in the message so it doesnt say "this name is in use" any more.

I hope this helps.

Regards

thank you, but i use my real name as my business name! this may change in the future, but for the past 8 years and currently, my name IS my business!

Probey9
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I am a member of the childcare website and have had to pay a fee to be able to contact parents looking for childminders. At the time I needed to advertise as I was struggling, to be honest I have been disappointed with the site and they yearly payment is taken without any reminder. I have had a look at this new site and have decided it can't hurt to join and if it doesn't cost anything will give it a go, will keep you posted.