PDA

View Full Version : Im returning to Childminding in a couple of weeks

vix84
05-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Hiya, I have been off of Childminding for 7 months with my 2nd DS, can't believe where the time has gone!

Has anything changed recently? Im just wondering what I need to get done, if anyone can think of anything else please so let me know:

risk assesments to re-done
Get registers, planning, observation forms, diaries, checklists, contracts etc. sorted.
Do the forms with parents this week, then the settling in sessions the following week
Sort through toys for all odd bits and bobs and rotate toys and age appropriate ones out
Ring environmental health to inform them of working as they came to inspect whilst on maternity leave, I wont be provding food but will be heating it and storing so guess I need to record fridge temperature and probe the food.
Pay the Ofsted fee that Ive been meaning to do all week!
I really need to get an A4 diary or something to put childminding stuff in as I feel so disorganised!
Inform Ofsted of returning date

One more thing, I really hope I do not need a permission form for this, but Im still breastfeeding DS 7 months and have said this to the parent who is supportive in many ways - I am so lucky to have this family - please do not tell me I need to add this to my parental permission form lol

Zoomie
05-06-2011, 09:55 PM
One more thing, I really hope I do not need a permission form for this, but Im still breastfeeding DS 7 months and have said this to the parent who is supportive in many ways - I am so lucky to have this family - please do not tell me I need to add this to my parental permission form lol

Not unless you plan on breastfeeding mindee(s) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You sound very organised, so best of luck and sending you lots of time managing vibes :thumbsup:

Adiamond
06-06-2011, 06:31 AM
I am pretty sure you won't need permissions :D

Good luck on your return, you seem to have listed everything you will need :thumbsup: x

miffy
06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
No, I wouldn't dream of getting permission to breastfeed my own child!

Good luck with everything

Miffy xx

sarah707
06-06-2011, 07:29 AM
It sounds like you are organised!

Check the local safeguarding children board / child protection agency phone numbers and names... some have changed.

Good luck with it all :D

vix84
06-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Thank god for that lol!

Thanks everyone, Ill check out the safeguarding numbers and just give my local early years team a call to see if there are any updates too.

Thanks