PDA

View Full Version : please help asap

munch149
05-06-2011, 05:51 PM
i am devastated as had a complaint against me, which will need to be taken further. i have a written account of incident, started a complaints log and have the appropriate incident report (although have the problem that i forgot to give copy to parent) and have the appropriate risk assessment to hand. anything else i should have and in my panic i cant think where to look for the ofsted number to ring and will they be open now. (one on complaints procedure is for parents) do i ring ncma as well. panicing as havent even been doing this long. know i havent done anything wrong, but seems like this has happened when there has been a fault in my paperwork, always done and got signed incident reports before now.

finally should i work as normal tomorrow or close to sort things out

Alibali
05-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, I can't help much as I'm in Scotland, but I guess it depends on nature of complaint as to what to do, but I guess you can work as normal. Someone more knowledgable will be along soon xx

T0ffee
05-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I to am sorry to hear this-don't panic or worry-firstly if complaint is so bad ofsted will possibly visit. Phone in the morning and explain to them what has happened, they won't discuss anything with you- the number is on your certificate.

Carry on working as normal and if they do turn up it will be unannounced-just remember normal everyday things like locking your doors etc- I was so flustered I forgot and ofsted wrote that my property wasn't safe and secure (worse than the actual unfounded complaint in my opinion!!!)

As long as you have all paperwork to hand you'll be fine-good luck xx

mushpea
05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
about 4yrs ago thanks to an inconciderate trouble making neighbhour I was arrested , nothing childminding related but she accused me of scratching her car,, I was never convicted and I think it was because she was jealous of the children being here due to her kids being grown up and either not being able to have or wanting to have children so she would never have grand children anyway,, I opend the next day and informed ofsted of what happend and they were fine about it, never visited and said because it happend outside of childminding hours it wouldnt be kept on my inspection record. I was upfront and honest with the parents I had at the time who was more than supportive and even offerd to give me acharcater reference.
as only you know the nature of the complaint only you can decide wether to open tommoro, good luck with it all.

PixiePetal
05-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I am assuming this is not a safeguarding issue as I know from bad experience (which was unfounded) that Ofsted would ring to suspend you immediately.

For anything else - have your paperwork handy, up to you if you close or stay open - if you believe you have done nothing wrong, why feel guilty. If a complaint went in you will hear/see Ofsted soon enough, be ready to clear your name.

alwaysright
05-06-2011, 08:09 PM
hi, has the person made the complaint to you or to ofsted?? because as i understand it if they want to report you to ofsted thats for them to do not you if you see what i mean? if the complaint is to you and you have everything in place dont you just handle the complaint yourself and give them your response in writing in either 14 or 21 days?? (cant remember off top of my head the timescale?) or have they told you they are going to ofsted??

but as for your other question re minding, yes just carry on until you hear from ofsted, as we all know some people make these threats in order to get us to do things their way and never actually do it!!

hope it all works out and i know from experience how devastating it is

munch149
05-06-2011, 08:30 PM
She made complaint to me but told me that social services have been informed. So think I need help with this one. As it's a weekend I havent been rang nor can I ring anyone so wouldn't know if they are going to suspend me.

And although unfounded accusations you always wonder how you could have acted better To avoid such a situation

PixiePetal
05-06-2011, 08:36 PM
IF she is not calling your bluff and IF SS have been called and IF it is safeguarding issue you may well hear from Ofsted in the morning. Firstly don't panic like I did, come back on the forum for help. There are people here who helped me see straight. Make sure you have your paperwork handy and IF Ofsted visit - be compliant but don't say more than you are asked to say. I just sat and sobbed :o

These are all 'IFs' for now.

I did get mine sorted and came out in the clear :)

alwaysright
05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
i wouldnt ring ofsted, i would just wait to see if they call you but i would ring ncma in the morning for advice, if social services thought it was so urgent they wouldve contacted you today, hard to comment further really as i dont know the circumstances (not fishing by the way!!)
dont worry about your paperwork as it sounds like you have it all in place and have already started complaints record, as for forgetting to hand over the copy of incident..well we all forget things from time to time when we dealing with kids and their parents! make sure your attendance record it fully up to date as well as its one thing ofsted would check

munch149
06-06-2011, 09:05 AM
On speaking to ncma, on what I've said I appear to have only made an error with my paperwork. Not ou of the woods yet but feeling much better about it.

Rain or Shine
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
if ever you have a problem with regards to complaints, fees, contracts, etc.... you should always call NCMA, they have lawyers that work for them and can give advise. NCMA are there for you and the children xxxx

I hope all turns out ok xxx

BuggsieMoo
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Ofsted's Number is 0300 123 1231 - but like the others I would hold fire on contacting them until (and thats if she really has reported you and they believe they need to make contact) Social Services get in touch. If they get in touch, then you must contact Ofsted and inform them.

As for working, you only need to close when you are told to by Ofsted. As you have not been told to, then carry on as normal but perhaps expect an unannounced visit.

As for this parent - log everything they have said, be it verbal, text, email etc with dates and times and also your response so that you can go back to it if you need to.

If she has complained just to you, you need to write a letter to her outlining her complaint and saying that you will investigate and respond to her within 28 days with an outcome and update. If she is not satisfied with your resolution to her then she can then raise it with Ofsted who will do their own investigation. Make sure it is all logged in your complaints book now cos if Ofsted turn up, they will want to see you have logged it and what you are doing.

Hope it all works out ok for you.

Lisa xx

loocyloo
06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
i would maybe phone ofsted and say you suspect a parent may be going to make a complaint against you.

munch149
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Ncma told me not write to her regarding complaint but this does
Make it appear to her I have ignored her complaint

Flisspaps
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
When writing it up in the complaint book, log that NCMA have told you NOT to contact her re this matter, then if OFSTED do get involved at any point, they can see why you've not replied to her.

Hebs
06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
i would reply to the parent saying "thank you for your letter (if it was a letter) and that you will respond in due course after seeking advice"

that way you have acknowledged it but not responded if that makes sense??

kells_bells
06-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I've read your other post as well, it does look like it may be down to money :angry: I can not believe how common this is! Do people not realise their spite could ruin someone's livelihood.
Can I ask if the complaint was given after you asked for the notice money? If she's reported it to ss it may be that ofsted have told her they do not get involve in money disputes. I know it's hard but I would try not to worry too much, make sure you note down when and why (as stated in contracts) money was requested so that the two can be linked together.
Keep your chin up and muddle on and through *hugs coming your way*

munch149
06-06-2011, 11:54 AM
she told me about complaint after money was mentioned but apparently it was reported before but obviously i only know what she tells me at present

Pipsqueak
06-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Is the complaint to do with your paperwork and/or fees by any chance? If it is the complainent can shout all she wants to SS and Ofsted and they won't get involved.

Try to remain calm, log everything. Take professional advice.. ie NCMA if you are with them.

munch149
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
technically that is not what she is saying, is to do with an accident but technically the only fault i can see i made was with my paperwork

Zoomie
06-06-2011, 12:18 PM
it is a statutory requirement of the EYFS and childcare registers that we reply in writing within a given number of days (think it is 28 days) to all complaints.

i would contact ncma again to clarify.

The Juggler
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
i would take advice from NCMA or MM hon. TBH although it was just paperwork it depends what it was. For example if it relates to an incident with a bump to the head but parent wasn't told, this could have been dangerous. However, it's hard to say without knowing the details.

I would just deal with the complaint yourself hon, within your complaints procedure, explaining to parent about you investigating the reasons you didn't give them a copy of the paperwork, what you plan to do to ensure it doesn't happen again (i.e. any new systems in place etc, etc) and keep copies in a complaints file.

Ofsted will want to see this next time you visit. Presuming the child of these parents is fine then Ofsted are going to be perfectly happy that you make a mistake, dealt with it, and have systems in palce to ensure it won't happen again.

munch149
10-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Just thought I'd let you all know the case had been closed by ofsted and no action is to be taken. Phew. Thanks everyone

Mookins
10-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Just thought I'd let you all know the case had been closed by ofsted and no action is to be taken. Phew. Thanks everyone

excellent news hun

xxx

jelly15
10-06-2011, 11:46 AM

So pleased to hear that :)

loocyloo
10-06-2011, 12:50 PM
glad it is all sorted xxx

JulieA
10-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Great News! I am still only round the corner if you want to talk about it.

See you soon

Julie

The Juggler
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
great news honey :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: