PDA

View Full Version : safeguarding??

kats
05-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi my safeguarding is due to run out at the end of july and i cant get on another course until september, if ofsted inspected me before september does anyone know if i would be in trouble for it being past the 2 years since i last did it? thanks:)

PixiePetal
05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I am doing part 2 next week - we have to do it every 3 years here.

sorry no help :o

lma
05-06-2011, 03:54 PM
We have the same problem here in the North East. All the childminders I know either their safeguarding has run out or is about to and the local authority havent got any plans to put on any courses soon. Spoke to my development officer about it and she basically said if theres no courses for you to go on then you 'shouldn't' be penalised for not having it but I do take what this person says with a pinch of salt mind you lol.

A friend of mine was inspected not that long ago and her safeguarding ran out last year some time and the inspector didn't mention it. Don't know whether she didn't realise it had ran out or knew about the shortage of courses so couldn't mark it against her??? My friend went on to get outstanding in all areas so......????

I'm just worried about when they decide to eventually put on one as there will be one MAD dash by EVERY childminder to try and get on it lol.

blue bear
05-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Nspcc do an on line one if that helps?

miffy
05-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Completing a safeguarding course isn't mandatory as far as Ofsted are concerned but it is seen as good practice.

Miffy xx

kats
05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much for all your comments, :)

sarah707
05-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Completing a safeguarding course isn't mandatory as far as Ofsted are concerned but it is seen as good practice.

Miffy xx

Absolutely!

If you do want to update your skills there are some online courses which are excellent :D

kats
05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Can you give me the names of any worth looking at Sarah please :)

sarah707
06-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Can you give me the names of any worth looking at Sarah please :)

I am not on my computer at the moment so I don't have my favourites list but I think it was this one I did last time -

http://www.safeguardingchildrenea.co.uk/

Or maybe this -

http://www.virtual-college.co.uk/products/child-protection.aspx

You could have a look at both and maybe ask your local people if they recommend any. :D

Kezzle
25-06-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm just trying to figure out what other courses would be best to do after thr BIT course (or what ones are essential) and i came across this thread. Has anyone done the NSPCC course? I was thinking about doing it and wondered what it was like.

kats
25-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Sarah :)

boxtree7
26-06-2011, 11:23 AM
so long as you can proof that you are down on the next course available ie confirmation letter. As far as i now you got to do the course with who your local board recommends.