PDA

View Full Version : Positive story about getting money!

samb
05-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Just thought I would pop this positive story so people know there are some good ones out there! My holiday policy is I have 4 weeks off unpaid a year and any others families take are paid at usual rate. Mindee is away for 3 weeks and payment due in middle of it. Sent invoice as usual although little apprehensive to charge for 3 weeks when I am not having mindee. Day late and no payment, so I did get a little worried but text mum and asked if she had received invoice as away? She replied very apologetically saying she had completely forgotten and what was the amount? I text her back with amount and she text about 10 mins later saying she had made a bank transfer - and was in next time I checked. Phew! Glad of her honesty that she forgot and paid it in straight after being reminded too. :)

Helcatt
05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
that's brilliant! I hope these parents stick around for a long while!

tbh - I think most parents are good with payments, I have one who forgets to hand me a cheque but its usually there in the evening or next morning so I don't think its intentional

But you hear so many horror stories that you do panic as soon as its a little late.

HX

Helen Dempster
05-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm very lucky that since I started minding, all the sets of parents have been great at paying. Tho saying that, I do make it quite clear at initial meeting (in a nice diplomatic way) that I won't take any messing about when it comes to fees :blush:

Hope I've not tempted fate now....off to touch wood, salute at magpies and throw salt over my shoulder!! lol :laughing:

nicoleon
05-06-2011, 06:56 PM
that's nice :thumbsup: i've not got ANY of my money for this month and it's the 5th today :rolleyes: time to toughen up again! the overdraft limit is looming... (is that a saying? I'm not sure sometimes.. with english not being my first language and all that ;) )