PDA

View Full Version : OFsted visiting to register/ check assistant!

muffins
05-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi, Ofsted are coming to visit next fri to check over check over my paperwork before they grant my variation to up numbers when using my assistant.

I haven't actually used her yet so it hasn't been done:panic:

I'll need to alter/add to my safeguarding policy, any suggestions on what should be added?

Can anyone think of anything else that'll need to be done?

:D

Helcatt
05-06-2011, 08:51 AM
blimey - what are they checking?

They didn't come out, just phoned me up. I'd be interested to know what changes you need to make too.

The only thing I've come up with is that I've re-done my risk assessments and am trying to work out how I would record if my assistant was left in "sole charge" of the children

I haven't really thought it through yet as we're not planning to get my assistant working until sept - better pull my finger out as it'll be sept very soon, you know how time is plying by

HX

sarah707
05-06-2011, 08:58 AM
You need to update your risk assessments and make sure you review all your policies including safeguarding to show assistant details.

You should also have a whistleblowing policy which states how you will both put the children's needs before any personal feelings.

Hth :D

Helcatt
05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
You should also have a whistleblowing policy which states how you will both put the children's needs before any personal feelings.

Now, I hadn't even considered something like this

Hx

Hebs
05-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Ofsted came out about my assistant, they didnt look at any paperwork

was just an informal chat, and to check the available space :thumbsup:

muffins
05-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks for all your replies:D

They said have chosen to visit because its been 5yrs since I had an inspection:rolleyes: I have chased them up with phone calls about 5 times this year:angry: So my question to her was can you do an inspection then too, her reply no because I haven't been asked to do one!:eek: She (works for tribel) then rang ofsted to chase it up and told me NO I'll came back & do the inspection in July! Great 2 visits in 2 months":panic:

SARAH- Am just ordering some of your lovely ebooks:thumbsup:

sarah707
05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
SARAH- Am just ordering some of your lovely ebooks:thumbsup:

Oh thank you so much!

I am just back from holiday and chasing my tail with the washing and getting everything ready for a new month.

I will sort out any outstanding orders in a little while. :D

bandlady
05-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi

I had my inspection on Friday and hoped that I could get my request for assistants submitted at the same time. The inspector saw my assistant (my daughter) with the children, could see that I had more than enough space to increase my numbers phoned Ofsted there and then to be told no she could not grant the request I would have to complete all paperwork and Ofsted may even come out an do another check!! :mad: :mad: What a complete and utter waste of time for everyone.

So I can understand your frustration and the fact that you have been waiting a long time for an inspection (I thought I had waited long enough, not quite four years) and then to end up with two visits it is just mad but then we are dealing with Ofsted.

Denise

Chatterbox Childcare
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Maybe they are coming to check the size of your house and equipment for more children rather than your assistant

sandy64
05-06-2011, 03:49 PM
i think i may of been lucky ofsted didnt come out when i took my assistant on we can double numbers and as shes got first aid can be left alone for short periods. i did write lots on ey2 form though :) good luck im sure it will go well:)

funemnx
05-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Has your assistant done an Emergency Evacuation Practice with you yet? Mrs. O might not need to see one if assistant hasn't started yet but probably a good idea to plan a few to include all the children. :thumbsup:

muffins
05-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Has your assistant done an Emergency Evacuation Practice with you yet? Mrs. O might not need to see one if assistant hasn't started yet but probably a good idea to plan a few to include all the children. :thumbsup:

Not yet but will do one before she comes:D