PDA

View Full Version : has anyone got a kia sedona

foxy lady
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
hi im looking to buy a new 7 seater and have been to look at a kia sedona and like it . just wondered if anyone has got one and what you think of it

rickysmiths
03-06-2011, 01:31 PM
My sister had one a good few years ago and loved it to bits.

Just very expensive to tax, insure and put petrol in and service, which is why she got rid of it in the end.

Pipsqueak
03-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I love my Kia Sedona. Roomy and comfy, easy to drive (tows a huge caravan no probs).
Its a thirsty car and very expensive to fill up. Tax if £146 for 6 months (engine size is HUGE 2.6) and the insurance actually isn't too bad with minding on top - I have mine through Shelias Wheels at £400.

Our Kia was second hand and we have had it 6yrs and its doing well.

Twinkle-Toes
03-06-2011, 04:47 PM
My Sil has one and it's slowly falling to bits......this is after having 2 previous Kia's (not sedonas) that also fell to bits! So you'd think she'd have changed make?!

So in my experience they haven't got a very reliable reputation.

birch24
03-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I love my Kia Sedona. Roomy and comfy, easy to drive (tows a huge caravan no probs).
Its a thirsty car and very expensive to fill up. Tax if £146 for 6 months (engine size is HUGE 2.6) and the insurance actually isn't too bad with minding on top - I have mine through Shelias Wheels at £400

I love my Kia Sedona too. But the tax this year was £400 for the year:eek:

It is roomy and comfy and fits 3 car seats across the back seat. With a squeeze!!

It is expensive but aren't they all. I pay £80 for diesel a fortnight before everything went up in a crazy fashion I was paying £70 a fortnight.

I havent had any others so can't really compare.:D

rickysmiths
03-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Its a thirsty car and very expensive to fill up. Tax if £146 for 6 months (engine size is HUGE 2.6) and the insurance actually isn't too bad with minding on top - I have mine through Shelias Wheels at £400.

Our Kia was second hand and we have had it 6yrs and its doing well.

Gosh does having two mindees cover the difference in costs though.?

I have a Skoda Octavia. Have had 4 since 2001 and love them to bits. I can fit 3 car seats in the back and one in the front, so 4 mindees.

Tax £110 for the year.
Tank of Desiel (sp!) £66 it was £55 before the stupid prices now and I get 580-620 miles out of that depending on wether I have done a long motorway run or just local running around.
Insurance MM £285pa
I renew every 3-4yrs mostly get a free service deal and the cars are under warenty. Worth at least £300 per year
I get free RAC cover Relay, Home Start, and cover in Europe. Worth over £100 per year.

The car costs approx £10,500 to buy depending on the deal at the time. :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
03-06-2011, 08:19 PM
No, but I really really want one!!!! :D