PDA

View Full Version : Weaning off bottle

Tatia
30-04-2008, 09:39 AM
My 1 yr old mindee is currently being weaned from bottle. I was very apprehensive about naptime (today was first time to give it a go) but I laid him down, stood in the corner so he couldn't see me but I could observe him and after only about 2 or 3 minutes of soft grizzling, he went right off to sleep!:clapping: His mum is going to be really pleased.:D

deeb66
30-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Good job :thumbsup:

Hope it continues.....will also need mum to be consistent too :)

Tatia
30-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Easier for me in the daytime than for her in the early hours of the morning!:laughing:

sarah707
30-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Well done you! A bit early perhaps at 1, but if it's working then great! :D

Tatia
30-04-2008, 10:18 AM
It was his Mum's idea but in The States, we generally start weaning off the bottle at about 1 so I didn't even question it.

I've been thinking abut this though since she first brought it up with me. I breastfed my daughter til she was 19 months old and she initiated the weaning herself (on holiday, too much other stuff to do). My other children were breastfed anywhere from 6 to 9 months and then weaned from bottle at 1. I was so much quicker about weaning from bottle than from breast. I wonder why? Granted, I think a lot of it was cos I knew she was my last baby and it was difficult to let go of that closeness. But I do believe in extended breastfeeding so am starting to waffle on the bottle weaning at 1 a bit now.:)

Still, I'm working in partnership with parents, aren't I?:laughing:

angeldelight
30-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Thats great Tatia

All my children and grandchildre were weaned off their bottles at around 10mths once they were able to hold a cup

The babies I mind are the same

Well done

Angel xx