PDA

View Full Version : Activities for 13 month old

helengreen13
03-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Need some help. I have a lo who is 13 months and old and is only happy when put in front of the TV. I dont normally have the TV on when working and dont feel comfortable doing this. I have asked the mum (who works nights) and she has said that she spends also of time with Lo on the sofa watching TV.

So far I have tried Messy Play (lo did not like) - tried this a few times.
Water Play
Mark making using various methods sand, chalk, aquadraw, pencils etc.
I have tried role play kitchen play food etc, dressing up
building blocks, play dough, arts and crafts but lo only wants to be held and cries when put down. Normally only have LO on her own so can afford her lots of attention and can take down local park which helps but today have my three plus other LO's and need to arrange a craft as have had an enquiry and they are coming to talk this afternoon. I really want to find an activity that LO will be happy with for ½ hours or so.

Any ideas that you have found good for this agegroup.

Chell
03-06-2011, 08:13 AM
What about sitting on the sofa as Mum does but replace the TV with reading books or singing rhymes when you are free to give her 1:1.

Maza
03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Treasure baskets and battery operated toys with lots of buttons to press. DD used to love it when I handed her my pot of utensils (wooden spoons, spatulas etc.)