PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 qualification

BuggsieMoo
02-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi All
Ive just signed up to do my level 3 qualification at a bargain price of £234 (Instead of £1200 as we still have funding until July) and was wondering if anyone can recommend any books (and hopefully authors) they found useful whilst undertaking this qualification?
I presume as this is training to further my career I can also put this in as an expense?
Thanks everyone!
Lisa x

jelly15
02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I have just started level 3 and have "Children & Young People's Workforce Early Learning & Childcare Level3 Diploma" by Penny Tassoni (and others) published by Heinemann. Seems to be what I need.

Helen Dempster
02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I used Children's Care, Learning & Development by Penny Tassoni, Kath Bulman and Kate Beith. Would highly recommend it.

Good luck :thumbsup:

rebecca4573
02-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Are you doing the Level 3 Cypop 5 unit or the whole level 3? For the Homebased unit I bought 'Homebased childcare' for childminders and nannies by Sheila Riddal-Leech and also the Penny Tassoni EYFS book. Both were very useful x

BuggsieMoo
02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Are you doing the Level 3 Cypop 5 unit or the whole level 3? For the Homebased unit I bought 'Homebased childcare' for childminders and nannies by Sheila Riddal-Leech and also the Penny Tassoni EYFS book. Both were very useful x

Hi
Im doing the whole unit :-/ I did my ICP years ago when I registered before and although I have done lots of training since, Ive not been able to fund or give my time to the Level 3.

However, Hubby is now off to sandy shores with the Army so I have gathered that now is a great time to do it as it will help me pass the time until he comes home again.

Thank you, I will look on amazon, ebay etc for these books!

Thanks all

Lisa x

BuggsieMoo
02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I used Children's Care, Learning & Development by Penny Tassoni, Kath Bulman and Kate Beith. Would highly recommend it.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks Hels! Think I'm going to need it. I was recommended to do the qualification by my EYT as I already do so much that the accredited childminders do but I was missing this qualification - better late than never x

clio0602
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I have just started level 3 and have "Children & Young People's Workforce Early Learning & Childcare Level3 Diploma" by Penny Tassoni (and others) published by Heinemann. Seems to be what I need.

Me too :thumbsup: