PDA

View Full Version : CRB

Rachel_82
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I am just about to start the process of becoming a childminder with prior experience as a Nanny. I have a brand new CRB which is dated from April 2011 and was just wondering if this would be ok for the Ofsted registration, or would I have to go through the process of applying for another one?

:)
xxx

CherryBlossom
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Didn't want to read & run!
I am a reg childminder & reg nanny but did the childminding reg first and then didn't need new crb for becoming a nanny. But not sure if other way round!
i know normally switching jobs you need new crb though.
x

muffins
01-06-2011, 02:06 PM
When I registered as a childminder from being a nanny I didn't need a new one. Think it has to have been a recent one & have been done by them, which mine was. This was 6yrs ago though!

Rachel_82
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for that, I'm sure I'll find out when I attend the briefing sessions.

I met up with a Nanny agency yesterday and they said that my new, non nanny CRB was fine for them... I've heard that you no longer have to have a new CRB for every single different thing that you do... But I maybe wrong on that?!...

Hopefully that I won't have to do a new one as I have heard that the CRB can delay the time it takes to become registered...
:)

missnaughty
01-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi

I had a enhanced CRB done with surestart in Feb 2011, However when I spoke to ofsted I have had to have a new crb done. Mine has took less than 2weeks to be done and that was mine, my daughter and my husband which I hear is very quick as others have had to wait months. x

the_nanny_uk2
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I am an ex NNEB Nanny and I already held 2 enhanced CRB's for Foster Parent Relief and Scouts but was told by Ofsted that I would need another. Bit annoyed with them actually as they have lost my husbands CRB form and now we have to redo it, which means my certificate is on hold! grrr

dolly daycare
01-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi,

I was a nanny with enhanced CRB (only a couple of months old). I needed a new one done through Ofsted. I think they have to have their own done.

If you already have one, I think it does speed the process up, when applying for a new one!

Jiorjiina
03-06-2011, 11:36 PM
As I understand it, right now you cannot transfer a CRB check from one position to another, so you will need another (the one I am currently getting for Ofsted will be my 6th in 6 years. I'm thinking of having a small party.)

The Ofsted CRB check form I was sent didn't have the box for using a number from a previous check, which was intensely frustrating as it speeds it up no end.

I'm hopeful that a combination of a unique surname and 6 previous checks will speed it up on its own! It's never taken very long on previous occasions.