PDA

View Full Version : own web page, help please

tinynippers
01-06-2011, 12:15 PM
can anyone help please, i want to set up my own childminding web page but have no idea where to even start, all i know is you have to link the childminding forum to it if on here. ;)

does it cost to have your own web page?

any help appreicated thankyou xx

sarah707
01-06-2011, 06:34 PM
There are lots of free places for websites - www.webs.com and www.webnode.com are 2 I use.

Pauline the forum owner makes some lovely sites as well. :D

loocyloo
01-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Pauline the forum owner makes some lovely sites as well. :D

pauline did my website, its lovely, and all i ever have to do, is email her things i would like changed, or added and she does it !!!! i wouldn't have the first idea about doing a website! ( i can't even use facebook!)

the hardest bit was getting a domain name for my website, but pauline talked me through that step by step ! :D

i pay about £5/6 every 2 years for my domain name ( others can cost much more ) and then paid pauline to build my website and host it. i can't remember how much :blush: but it really isn't much at all. my brothers web designer offered to help me, and it was going to cost £300 plus!!! :eek:

JCrakers
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Paulines doing mine at the moment..cant wait. Very good price

:clapping:

Becky

BuggsieMoo
02-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Google do a free website as well. If you PM me, ill send you a link to mine. If you click on the logo on it it will take you to a site to get a free one for a year. Then its something like £5 a year thereafter x