PDA

View Full Version : Notes in bag - why doesn't she just tell me???

SammyM
01-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Just had 2 little ones dropped off from a very cheery mom, then unpacked the bags and have found a really snotty note in there about not letting her child have a sleep during the day as he was awake until 10 last night (he fell asleep in the car on the way back from the park and only had 20 minutes!!!)

Just drives me mad that we didn't have this conversation this morning, when I could have said he was in the back of the car & I was driving, what am I supposed to do??? She wasn't short of time as we had a chat about her holidays last week.

Parents, who'd have em???? AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

rickysmiths
01-06-2011, 08:17 AM
How old is the little one? Sounds like they need to get into a good bedtime routine at home. A daytime sleep does not affect sleep at night and infact it can be the opposite. If they need and have a daytime sleep they sleep better at night.

I have a 10 mth old. He always has a 1.5 to 2hr sleep after lunch. He will also have 1/2-1hr in the mornig. He goes home at 5.30 having had dinner, has a bath, bottle and is in bed by 6.30-7 at the latest every night and wakes between 6-7am. One of my others 14mths is simmilar has a simmilar routine.

In my experience the ones that have difficulty getting to sleep at night are the ones that go home from me tired after a 10 hour day and then mum and dad play with them, have the telly on full blast and stimulate them and then at the drop of a hat expect the little dears to drop dead asleep on their comand and of course they are over stimulated and can't drop off like that.

FussyElmo
01-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Perhaps she wrote it at 10 oclock and was feeling a bit stressed. fast forward to this morning and never gave it a second thought.

I often write things down to tell people as I am easily sidetracked when talking :laughing:

AliceK
01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I have a parent who does the same. Everything is left in a note for me and never mentioned at drop-off. I wish if a parent has an issue / problem they would just speak to me. It would save so much stress.

xxxx

SammyM
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I totally agree Ricky, TBH I think it is only cos big brother is here that she knew, during termtime I always give him an hour and theres no mention of distrubed night then! little one is just gone 2. My DD is 3 and still has an hour or so after lunch, but because we have such a lovely routine she is always bathed and tucked up in bed by 7.15, and sleeps til 6.30am.

I get the feeling that its playtime when they get home, not wind down time.

He's at the 'can't do anything with him' stage now and dad not coming for another hr, in a horrid way I hope he's so overtired that he plays up tonight (does this make me a bad person!!!????!!!)

mummyMia
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
I used to sometimes do the note thing when I worked and used a childminder:blush:
It was because I am really shy and struggle to get the words out when I get nervous. If I put my thoughts down on paper then at least I know I can get the message accross clearly without blushing and stammering on the childminder's door step at 8 in the morning. I always tried to be polite, not snotty though.