PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please

JennyM
31-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I would appreciate your opinions please.

I have only just started out and I am slowly getting some mindees sorted.

I have one who is nine years old. She recently moved to the area and her school is quite far from her house. Also, she has a Grandma at home who is able to look after her for short periods but cannot pick her up from school.

The arrangement we came to is that in term time, I pick her up at 8.15am from a bus stop around the corner en route to taking my daughter to nursery. I then drop her at school at 8.45pm.
At 3.30pm I pick her up from school and drive her home and I am back home by 4pm. I charge her Mum for three hours.

The deal in the holiday is that I pick her up around the corner at 8.30am and then Mum picks her up from my house at 5.30pm.

Today Mum said she is finding it too hard to come and collect her from my house (today is the first time she has done it) and that she really likes, trusts me and doesn't want to change but wants me to drive her daughter home in the holidays.
She will pay me up till 5.30pm but I can take her home at 4pmish.

I really don't want to do this. I don't like doing it at term time but it isn't as bad as we are out anyway. I get the impression that if I say no, she is going to look elsewhere.

I think she will struggle to find another childminder that will do it! If I do decide to do it I would charge petrol money etc but I'm really not keen.

What would you do?

christine e
31-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Personally if I had the chance of finishing at 4pm instead of 5.30 then I think I would drop her off if it wasn't too far away, but if you don't want to do this then say no

Cx

Starfish007
31-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Just thinking that as you get busy and take on more children, having to get all the children in the car and back might be a pain and this could clash with other mindees getting picked up and may result in turning down new mindees. I personally wouldn't do it, the thought of sitting in traffic and trailing out at teatime sounds dreadful.

Hope you get it sorted xxx