PDA

View Full Version : Half term!

BlondeMoment
31-05-2011, 07:17 PM
One day in and I'm exhausted! :yawning:

They've been wild today! And the younger ones are loving having the older ones to show off in front of so have all been twice a naughty as they usually are :rolleyes:

My God! Thank God Monday was a bank holiday so just three days to go.

We're out for the day tomorrow so should keep them distracted from killing each other but I'll be on my knees

JennyM
31-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Poor you, sounds chaotic! What have you done with them today and what do you have planned? I need some ideas.

I have a nine year old mindee (aswell as my three year old daughter and my eight month old daughter) and today was my first full day as a childminder. She is a lovely girl and the day went quite quickly.

This morning she watched Beauty and the Beast on DVD with my three year old who isn't very well. She fell asleep for over an hour whilst watching it which is unheard of!

Whilst my daughter was asleep we did an Aquabeads activity and she started her scrapbook, decorated the front cover etc.

After lunch, we rolled out a piece of paper across the living room floor and all did drawing for ages. Then my Sister came round with my Niece and Nephew and they all played in the garden for nearly two hours.

Then it was time to make pizzas for dinner, eat them and then hometime!

I think we will go out to the park and for a picnic tomorrow.

BlondeMoment
01-06-2011, 08:24 PM
We been to a horse sanctuary today which was nice but we travelled quite a way to go there and it didn't have any play area or anything so was a bit pants LOL.
I'm really exhausted LOL. Sounds like your day had a nice balance of activities.
Tomorrow we'll do the park then a dvd after lunch I think.

Have a look on this website for ideas. It's great. Just type in your town / area
www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk

mushpea
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I have 1 child go home at 1pm so we tend to stay at home in the morning then go out to a park or a walk in the afternoon which i have found a better way of doing things because by lunch time they are getting bored and starting to annoy each other, the fresh air does them good and the trip out breaks up the day plus by the time we get back their parents are then starting to turn up

BlondeMoment
02-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I have 1 child go home at 1pm so we tend to stay at home in the morning then go out to a park or a walk in the afternoon which i have found a better way of doing things because by lunch time they are getting bored and starting to annoy each other, the fresh air does them good and the trip out breaks up the day plus by the time we get back their parents are then starting to turn up

We do it the other way around becasue I have 2 year olds that need to nap after lunch. So we go out and about first thing, then back for lunch and sleep. The older ones do something chilled while the little ones sleep. Usually a bit of TV followed by colouring, playdough or puzzles. Then it all goes crazy again till tea time :eek: