PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Times Shaken Baby Article

Jiorjiina
31-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Has anyone else read it?

In case you haven't, the article is also reproduced on the blog for Keran Henderson (http://keran-henderson-innocent.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-times-mystery-of-shaken-babies.html) (for reasons which will become abundantly clear on reading it).

I think this is possibly one of the most terrifying things I have ever read. :eek:

sarah707
31-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Childminders are in such a delicate position, working on our own as we do.

This is partly why detailed paperwork is so important... I always urge everyone to keep clear records of a child being unwell, reacting differently than normal to situations, conversations with parents about illnesses and concerns etc.

:)

blue bear
31-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I was so hoping it was good news, I have been following keran's case since she was first arrested.

It is so scary, makes me realise how vulnerable we are working alone, I couldn't understand why the 4 year old mindees version couldn't be taken into account as he described what hapened to the police but was not used in case he had been told what to say and a child of the age cannot be used in evidence.

I really don't see how they would believe a child that small would continually lie and not trip up.

alwaysright
31-05-2011, 07:53 PM
this is the first i had seen of this case and am amazed! i cant believe this happened to this girl, just because the child was in her care when it happened she was blamed. as previously said it does make you realise how vunerable we are

alwaysright
31-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I was so hoping it was good news, I have been following keran's case since she was first arrested.

It is so scary, makes me realise how vulnerable we are working alone, I couldn't understand why the 4 year old mindees version couldn't be taken into account as he described what hapened to the police but was not used in case he had been told what to say and a child of the age cannot be used in evidence.

I really don't see how they would believe a child that small would continually lie and not trip up.

can i just ask was there other children present as you mention a four year old?

BlondeMoment
31-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Oh my god. That is truelly terrifying. Prejudiced or not I would think long and hard before continuing to care for a child who didn't seem quite right. It's not worth ruining your life

blue bear
31-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Yes keran's child and a 4 year old mindee.

Parents claimed child had never been Ill, unfortunately keran did not keep a daily diary or had written down her concerns ( think I am right on this but don't take as gospel)

rickysmiths
31-05-2011, 09:38 PM
The road where they lived nearly all the houses had yellow ribbons on all their fences and hedges and on their cars. You would drive through a sea of yellow. The church still has a yellow arch of support over its gate. She was also Scout Leader , well respected in her area. The support was so great that I believe the family of the baby who mother was pregnant, felt they had to move away.

You notice in the link that nothing is said about the parents envolvement in all of it. I was told that the baby was quite a sickly baby from day one.

Jiorjiina
31-05-2011, 09:59 PM
You notice in the link that nothing is said about the parents envolvement in all of it. I was told that the baby was quite a sickly baby from day one.

I noticed that, and I wondered. Surely there were GP/health visitor records of that?

It does sound a lot like she was the convenient one to blame.

onceinabluemoon
01-06-2011, 06:06 AM
I learned about this when I did my ICP, it almost put me off childminding. I feel for both the parents and the childminder.