PDA

View Full Version : What happens in this circumstance?

Spangles
29-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I am allowed 2 children under 5 at one time, on a Thursday I will have one 1 year old until 12.30 when she will leave and be replaced by another 1 year old at 12.30.

I have now had a query about a full-time position but what happens at the cross over time above. It's going to be quite unlikely that one goes early and one arrives late every week so for a few minutes I am likely to have 3 under five - for a matter of minutes! Does Ofsted see this as going over your numbers and it's really illegal or does Ofsted just accept that this type of thing happens?

I am guessing it's more likely to be the first of the two!!!

There's no problem at any other point during the week so don't want to miss out on a full-timer purely for these five mins or so but also I don't want to do anything wrong!

Blaze
29-04-2008, 11:02 PM
If it was me i would write to OFSTED to get a variation to cover yourself!:rolleyes:

Trouble
29-04-2008, 11:14 PM
or tell the parent to stay till the other arrives but i would get a variation

sarah707
30-04-2008, 06:21 AM
I would get a variation... maybe an hour just to be sure? :D

angeldelight
30-04-2008, 06:44 AM
I would do the same

Good luck

Angel xx

hello kitty
30-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Good advice.

Raggydolls
30-04-2008, 07:25 AM
i agree with sarah, if its possible, because what happens if the first parent is running late.

hope u get a variation

leanne
xx

ruby
30-04-2008, 08:57 AM
i agree with the other
better to apply for a variance
you never when one parent may be late or arrive early

cathy

deeb66
30-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Yes.;...I would also apply for a variation.

Best to be on the safe side.

Spangles
30-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Thank you everyone!

The mum just left and she said she can't see any reason why she wouldn't want me to care for her child so she wants a settling in period next Tuesday morning! Woohoo!

How fab!

I'm going to speak to the other mums and see if there's any way they could slightly change their times to allow for this but if not I just rang Ofsted and they have given me an e-mail address I can write to in order to apply for a variation for half an hour every Thursday - seems silly doesn't but it does make sense!

How exciting!

Thanks again!

(Bet I never hear from the mum again now! Ha ha! Also got another call to call back re. 3 hours on a Wednesday afternoon so that's super fab!)

buildingblocks
30-04-2008, 08:50 PM
As has been said you are alwas best covering yourself.

I always allow half an hour differnce between contracted hours if two children are sharing hte same space.

Good luck and I hope you get your variation.

mum2two
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I just rang Ofsted and they have given me an e-mail address I can write to in order to apply for a variation for half an hour every Thursday - seems silly doesn't but it does make sense!

Just to remind you, that ofsted wont accept an e-mail unless it's got your signature on it. I've scanned my signature onto my computer, and attach it to the bottom of the e-mail.

If it hasn't got the signature on it, ofsted wont action it! Just didn't want your variation getting held up! ;)

Hope you get it. Can't see why you wouldn't.

Kelly x

Spangles
01-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks Kelly, yes I'm going to type the letter on Word, print it, sign it, scan it back in and e-mail it! What a pullaver! (If that's how you spell it!)

flora
01-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Good luck Lorri, hope you get the variation you need :thumbsup:

Spangles
01-05-2008, 03:24 PM
One of the mum's said to me today could she pick her son up 15 minutes later as she finds it impossible to get to mine in time so I said that would be fine and asked her if she could drop him 15 minutes later too and told her why and she said that was fine!

Problem solved!

I've got one going at 12.30 and the next coming at 12.45 and the full-timer! Both parents are excellent time keepers so I know there won't be any probs! I'm so glad I don't have to apply for a variation!

Thanks for your advice everyone - as always!
x